Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

no matter how $hit RaFa is he is a religion to some people like that scientology bollocks you hear about.

Im surprised he does not have some cult religious fan group somewhere....

any logo suggestions?

What is this? I don't even ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rafa does have a cult religious fan group. Its called RAWK.
    Scary, scary place.

the zest just hit my eye there, stings like hell....

bitter about what, Rafa is a mumbling goon no matter what way you look at it.

one cl trophy under the pool and a era of gold frame encrused portraits of the man himself on the cop end doesnt make him a good manager

but carry on

The cop end ? :pac::pac:

Sums up your post really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Has he actually been sacked yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not until he figures out who he's donating his severance pay to.

He's denying all knowledge of it.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Not until he figures out who he's donating his severance pay to.

Taking a thinly veiled shot at Hillsborough charities?

C'mon Muppet, you're better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

rarnes1 wrote: »

....Not !

You're right I am, It was certainly not a dig at any charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not really. Open attempts at stirring or the T word are acceptable when it suits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

you will find he isnt.

has there ever been a seria a club to win 5 in a row? not sure who would replace rafa at inter now anyway if he gets sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

SantryRed wrote: »
    That happened last year when he was there. He started the downfall.

No. liverpools progress unravelled with the ownership saga. It wasn't down to one man.
    dizzywizlw wrote: »

The fact is that Benitez can masterfully craft the odd game, or small string of games but doesn't have the bottle to sustain a 38 game challenge.

Your bitterness does not allow you to look past his actual achievements - winning leagues in Spain is hard to do - ask Valencia when they think they'll win it again.

Rafa was with Liverpool for 6 years and deemed by many to have been a failure (during which time the main rivals either spent like drunken russian sailors or had, by their own fans admission the greatest manager ever).

I wish ferguson was dumped after 6 years of his reign too. We can talk stats all day til the cows come home but with Rafa people have their positions.

I like Rafa - he fought against dishonest owners that did not have our best interests at heart. Did it ultimately cost him? Yes.

I'd like to know why the very same people who made it their mission to criticise Rafa for signing bad players are not criticising the current manager for doing the same and attacking him. I think it's because he poses no threat to them - whereas Rafa got under their skin no end and was more of a threat. And they disliked him for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol poses more of a threat. Ask anyone, anyone, who they would prefer to face, Inter under Rafa or Inter under Mourinho, and you'll get your answer.

PHB wrote: »
    lol poses more of a threat. Ask anyone, anyone, who they would prefer to face, Inter under Rafa or Inter under Mourinho, and you'll get your answer.

And I doubt that anyone would go against the Jose option tbh. Although I do think that Doc was talking about Rafa as manager of Liverpool being seen as a bigger threat than the current manager of Liverpool is.

And that is exactly the kind of thing the thread has gotten a bit banjaxed with, as it becomes a Liverpool versus Man Utd spat with the usual suspects, on both sides, doing their best to steer it that way.

Wasn't on about Inter under Jose o Rafa.

Was on about Liverpool under Rafa and Roy.

But you did well to take it out of context

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well the last 4 clubs old arry has managed have gone bust, so here's hoping he'll make it 5 out of 5:)

Harry wont get the chance , Danny Levy is running some operation , blokes is on top of his game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

doc_17 wrote: »
    Wasn't on about Inter under Jose o Rafa.

Was on about Liverpool under Rafa and Roy.

But you did well to take it out of context

Actually, it was on the idea that the reason people argue anything negative about Rafa is that in some way he's a threat. Look what he's done to Inter. Inter under Mourinho 5 months ago. Treble winners. Inter under Rafa, 7 points off first if they win their two games in hand.

Some of his results this year?
    Draws with

Leece - 19th in league
    Brescia - 18th in league

Against Brescia, his injury ravaged team included:

Castellazzi
    Maicon
    Samuel
    Lucio
    Chivu
    Sneijder
    Coutinho
    Zanetti
    Pandev
    Eto
    Milito

Gosh, that's a team ravaged by injuries.

As I said, more of a threat, lol.

Actually, it was on the idea that the reason people argue anything negative about Rafa is that in some way he's a threat. Look what he's done to Inter. Inter under Mourinho 5 months ago. Treble winners. Inter under Rafa, 7 points off first if they win their two games in hand.

Draws with

Leece - 19th in league
    Brescia - 18th in league

Castellazzi
    Maicon
    Samuel
    Lucio
    Chivu
    Sneijder
    Coutinho
    Zanetti
    Pandev
    Eto
    Milito

Wow. That's twice you've ignored the central point i made so I won't bother trying to make it again.

Enjoy digging around looking for Inter starting line ups!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Am I the only non-Liverpool fan in the world that actually rates Benitez as a manager?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

flahavaj wrote: »
    Am I the only non-Liverpool fan in the world that actually rates Benitez as a manager?:o

Seems that way.

Only an idiot ocould argue Rafa isn't at the very least a god manager.

Bad manager's don't win 2 La Liga's, the Uefa cup and the Champions League (and get to another final)

He might not be a great manager at the level of Ferguson or Mourinho, but he's a bloody good one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He's been awful at Inter and deserves the sack, especially given that it's Italy and people have been sacked for much less. The fact is that until this year everybody thought the league was a slam dunk every year since Calciopolli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He's been awful at Inter and deserves the sack, especially given that it's Italy and people have been sacked for much less. The fact is that until this year everybody thought the league was a slam dunk every year since Calciopolli

To be fair though, Milan have come on well, and I think would be giving any team a run for their money this year in the league. That obviously doesn't excuse bad results on Inter's part, but even if they were playing well, it still wouldn't be as easy as people are making out. (Milan have also just gotten an agreement for Cassano, even more firepower up front!)

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not really. Open attempts at stirring or the T word are acceptable when it suits.

Ahh did the bold muppet make a joke about rafa the great. poor you.
    :)

It is just that folk like you tend not to make as much noise as people who have an extreme opinion, either positive or negative, of the man.

He is a good manager, his record tells us that, and is on that second tier of managers, in my opinion of course, below the top class managers.

I thought the time was right for him to leave Liverpool, and get replaced by a better manager (something that never happened), but although I wanted him to go, I would never try to demean what he did at Liverpool and the good times that he brought to me and other reds.

But for as long as he attracts trolls and fanboys in equal numbers on internet forums, then many pointless debates are yet to come.

Ahh did the bold muppet make a joke about rafa the great. poor you.
    :)

Nah you just made a lazy attempt at stirring, using something that you had used ages ago in the Liverpool superthread. Yet on this thread you try to use it again as a way to provoke people, despite people having provided links to direct quotes as to where the money went.

Lazy and poor quality trolling, you can do much better than recycling your old schtick. At least come up with something new when trying to stir, that way it can be funny to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Benitez couldn't manage a fantasy football team nevermind Inter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Inter are about 50 points off the pace from the top :rolleyes:, they won 4 trophys last year, and this year.....

they have won 1 trophy against a team from the congo basin or something,but whatever.

he has practically zero man management skills, fails to get the best out of players. Look at the players at inter, gone to pot :rolleyes:

if he was not as obese as he is maybe people would take him more serious.

but yeah, he is a really good manager alright

bet you he doesnt welch on bets though...

Draws with

Leece - 19th in league
    Brescia - 18th in league

Castellazzi
    Maicon
    Samuel
    Lucio
    Chivu
    Sneijder
    Coutinho
    Zanetti
    Pandev
    Eto
    Milito

United, the team that came 2nd in the league last year, drew 2-2 with Fulham - 17th place in the EPL at the moment and here was the united team:

01 Van der Sar
    03 Evra
    15 Vidic
    22 O'Shea
    23 Evans
    13 Park Ji-Sung (Nani 67)
    18 Scholes
    24 Fletcher
    25 Valencia (Giggs 74)
    09 Berbatov
    14 Hernandez (Owen 75)

that fergie is a shocking manager :rolleyes:

Kess73 wrote: »
    Nah you just made a lazy attempt at stirring, using something that you had used ages ago in the Liverpool superthread. Yet on this thread you try to use it again as a way to provoke people, despite people having provided links to direct quotes as to where the money went.

Lazy and poor quality trolling, you can do much better than recycling your old schtick. At least come up with something new when trying to stir, that way it can be funny to watch.

I don't recall exactly what I said previously on the issue, I'm saving the good stuff in the hope he returns.

bet you he doesnt welch on bets though...

Jeez thats weak, I was expecting a reply countering the claims made but you couldn't really do that could you.

• Advertisement

Jeez thats weak, I was expecting a reply countering the claims made but you couldn't really do that could you.

why would i do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Seems that way.

Only an idiot ocould argue Rafa isn't at the very least a god manager.

Bad manager's don't win 2 La Liga's, the Uefa cup and the Champions League (and get to another final)

He might not be a great manager at the level of Ferguson or Mourinho, but he's a bloody good one.

i think i could have followed mancini and jose and won inter another italian league , rafa obviously cannot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Just on SSN. Benitez is back in his gaffe in Merseyside. Brought out a cup of tea for the SSN cameraman, looked like he wanted to talk but the cameraman just said thanks, Happy Christmas etc.

BERBA wrote: »
    i think i could have followed mancini and jose and won inter another italian league , rafa obviously cannot

probably should stop wasting your time here and get your coaching badges then..

or are you just talking crap as usual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rafa really fascinates people!!! He has to be one of the most talked about managers in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Smegball wrote: »
    Indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Benitez is a great coach and tactician but the sad truth is that he lost his credibility in his final days at Liverpool. He just can't command any respect from players anymore, which is vital to managing successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

niallk wrote: »
    Just on SSN. Benitez is back in his gaffe in Merseyside. Brought out a cup of tea for the SSN cameraman, looked like he wanted to talk but the cameraman just said thanks, Happy Christmas etc.

SKY SPORTS FLASHING BANNER***BENITEZ BRINGS TEA TO OUR MAN***ONE SUGAR***DROP OF MILK**FLASHING BANNER***NO BISCUITS***

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Looks like he is back on merseyside for Christmas

rafaa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Smegball wrote: »

Yeah, fantasy football is much tougher than winning La Liga and The Champions League :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah, Rafa and his crazy ultimatums, how I miss the chap. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Get him back!

End Hodgson's reign of terror!

If he does go back to Liverpoll will he have a new five year plan or will his initial failed five year plan become an 8,9, or 10 year plan?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What i want to know is why didn't the SSN reporter ask Rafa questions?

I mean, what are they doing outside the house?? They're obviously there for a reason, yet Rafa comes out with a cup of tea and they just say thanks?? What are they there for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Nope, I would agree he is a good manager, and is a very very good tactician when it comes to cups IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

monkey9 wrote: »
    What i want to know is why didn't the SSN reporter ask Rafa questions?

I mean, what are they doing outside the house?? They're obviously there for a reason, yet Rafa comes out with a cup of tea and they just say thanks?? What are they there for?

Yeh Rafa looked like he wanted to talk to him but the camera man or reporter must have been star struck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

If that was boards the OP would have been slaughtered. Strange strange forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If he does go back to Liverpoll will he have a new five year plan or will his initial failed five year plan become an 8,9, or 10 year plan?;)

Maybe we'll have CL football while we are waiting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SKY SPORTS FLASHING BANNER***BENITEZ BRINGS TEA TO OUR MAN***ONE SUGAR***DROP OF MILK**FLASHING BANNER***NO BISCUITS***
    How is he supposed to have tea without biscuits it's a farce I tell you *shakes fist*

• Advertisement
Advertisement