Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SKY SPORTS FLASHING BANNER***BENITEZ BRINGS TEA TO OUR MAN***ONE SUGAR***DROP OF MILK**FLASHING BANNER***NO BISCUITS***
    How is he supposed to have tea without biscuits it's a farce I tell you *shakes fist*
    And anyone remember Zola bringing out coffee last year to the media none of that instant stuff either all proper Italian stuff love that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If that was boards the OP would have been slaughtered. Strange strange forum.

We should invite them over for a chat. Would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

How is he supposed to have tea without biscuits it's a farce I tell you *shakes fist*
    And anyone remember Zola bringing out coffee last year to the media none of that instant stuff either all proper Italian stuff love that guy.

you are spot on about Zola, great PR when he gave the hacks real italian coffee before his departure from West Ham. Zola for liverpool :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeh Rafa looked like he wanted to talk to him but the camera man or reporter must have been star struck!!!
    'Twas gas. They exchanged pleasantries then Benitez gave him a little nod as if to say "Go on, I'm ready for your first question."
    Awkward silence.
    Benitez maintains smile and slowly backs away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

niallk wrote: »
    'Twas gas. They exchanged pleasantries then Benitez gave him a little nod as if to say "Go on, I'm ready for your first question."
    Awkward silence.
    Benitez maintains smile and slowly backs away.

I hope it was just a case of being starstruck, otherwise it was embarassingly amatuer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I hope it was just a case of being starstruck, otherwise it was embarassingly amatuer.

Nah it was obviously just a cameraman with no journalistic tendencies. Probably just wanted a shot of Benitez in Liverpool, and got more than he bargained for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Benitez's successful/failing stubborn-ness is what sets him apart.

He gets something wrong, he gets wrong a lot and people don't forget. He gets it right, same thing.

Crouch being played for 10000 games without scoring, then dropped when he does. Rotating for 100 games, zonal marking, discovering a new position for Gerrard and keeping him there than the middle "where he's best" (c) pundits etc etc.

He is several classes above the replacements for him at Inter will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Leonardo seems to be the favourite to replace him. It'd be interesting to see how that would go down with both sets of fans in Milan.

Btw, Inter lost €155m in the last financial year (2009).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Leonardo seems to be the favourite to replace him. It'd be interesting to see how that would go down with both sets of fans in Milan.

Btw, Inter lost €155m in the last financial year (2009).

I knew it was something mad but they need to get rid of players instead of buying new ones or they won't be allowed into Uefa competitions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Following Jose seems to be a bit of a posioned chalice.

Víctor Fernández lasted til January with Porto, Grant didn't complete a full season with Chelsea and Rafa gone in December!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Following Jose seems to be a bit of a posioned chalice.

Víctor Fernández lasted til January with Porto, Grant didn't complete a full season with Chelsea and Rafa gone in December!

True! Must keep that in mind for betting when he leaves Real!

(Though bit harsh perhaps on Grant as he only didn't complete the season at Chelsea as he missed the start, he did manage them to the last day possible in the season, in the Champions League final...even though he got sacked a few days later!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This thread turned out different than I thought. Well argued, substantive points against the man. Must bookmark this for future reference.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

noodler wrote: »
    Get him back!

End Hodgson's reign of terror!

Were you not one of those that wanted rafa sacked in the first place?

I could have swore you were?

If not I must be confusing you with someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

some crack if the pool took him back

BERBA wrote: »
    some crack if the pool took him back

I cant see that happening tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wasn't there rumours that Gerrard and Carragher weren't a fan of Benitez and his style of management?
    Or was that bull?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumours that Gerrard and Carragher weren't a fan of Benitez and his style of management?
    Or was that bull?

Gerrard and Carragher were both muck last year and they're even worse this year! Wonder what they think of hodgson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

He's a good manager. Just hugely over-rated by Liverpool fans. He tried and failed to reinstate the hunger in his treble winning Inter Milan team, did excellent at Valencia and failed to build a squad at Liverpool that would win the PL.

He's good just not the god that some make him out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Gerrard and Carragher were both muck last year and they're even worse this year! Wonder what they think of hodgson?

nonsense if ya think gerrard is worse than muck this year absolute nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Benitez stays for now according to a Moratti statement tonight. Seems like they want him gone but don't want to pay him off!

nonsense if ya think gerrard is worse than muck this year absolute nonsense

what has he done this year? he has been v poor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Benitez stays for now according to a Moratti statement tonight. Seems like they want him gone but don't want to pay him off!

Deja vu ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Sky Sources: Rafa Benitez sacked as manager of Inter Milan.

via Ed Chamberlin on twitter

rafa sacked tonight and he back on merseyside

take me back !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mourinho to leave at the end of the season and Rafa will be next Real Madrid manager. That's my bet.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Mourinho to leave at the end of the season and Rafa will be next Real Madrid manager. That's my bet.

eh?:eek:

reckon he will be the next west ham manager , he'll never again get a big club

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?titulo=Benitez%20set%20to%20leave%20Inter&id=537
    Benitez set to leave Inter

It is a question of when, rather than if, Rafa Benitez`s tenure as Inter Milan coach is officially brought to an end in the coming days. The manner in which his spell in charge at the San Siro is formally concluded could end up being resolved by the lawyers in order to determine whether Benitez quits or is dismissed - along with the quantity or eligibility of any compensation.

It is true, as has been reported in the media today, that Rafa Benitez is currently on Merseyside and is enrolling his children at school in the area and it is where he intends to settle once his involvement with Inter is concluded.

He is deeply disappointed by his experience in Serie A where he found his role limited to that of simply a coach and although numerous signings were discussed – Mascherano, Kuyt, Lucas Leiva – he was frustrated that the club failed to deliver.
    If I were to make an educated guess as to where Benitez will most likely end up after Milan, I would have to say that out of the three big European leagues, a return to the Premier League would suit him best and would be his preferred option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

<snip>

beaten to it by Daysha

I hope he gets Man United when Fergie leaves.

I hope he gets Man United when Fergie leaves.

oh how id like to see that happening

• Advertisement

are you really clueless or do you just try hard

redzerdrog wrote: »
    are you really clueless or do you just try hard

your a rafa lover so i take it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Serious, what people think a big team like real would hire rafa

He is an epic disaster of a manager...

Really, real Madrid gets rafa...

LoL etc.

As i said he is useless and has as good man management skills of players as a King Charles spaniel.

He is vastly overrated, so much so that some deluded people think he should manage real Madrid

And no, this has nothing to do with him managing pool, i just never rated him at all, found him arrogant, talking nonsense at post match interviews, several things, and none worth liking.

I think he is finally been found out, so to rafa

hasta le pasta baby....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

rafa sacked tonight and he back on merseyside

take me back !

Afaik, he only owns one property and that is the house that his family live in in Liverpool. His family didn't got to Italy with him either.

Sort of explains why he is back in Liverpool. Sorry to be that bit rational about it all.

your a rafa lover so i take it :rolleyes:

I just have a brain and the abilty to have an actuall opinion rather than just constantly spouting **** to just get a reaction

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I just have a brain and the abilty to have an actuall opinion rather than just constantly spouting **** to just get a reaction

you've a brain - fair play thanks for sharing that:rolleyes:

we all have opinions and i just happen to think rafa is/was a ****e manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's made millions and millions for being shít at his job (shít for the past 12-18 months, before any Rafa lovers piss themselves). Incredible, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I don't think people realise how big an achievement it would have been had Rafa won the league with Liverpool. He did an excellent job at Liverpool to come as close as he did. Plus winning a CL and an FA Cup didn't hurt. Maybe some people on here do over rate him but too many people on here under rate him and some of the comments I've read on this read are beyond stupid. I'd quote but for fear of idiotic responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Seems nice and relaxed outside his house.
    Wonder what his next move is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Amazing the real hatred towards Benitez on here. Makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

He wouldn't manage a good Sh1t:rolleyes:

He Left Liverpool in ruins! Hodgson has to pick up the piece's.
    He's begging for more players for a team that one the Champions League and i think SERIE A last year and currently lie 7th. He has no man management skills and has yet to Nurse a talent.

Ive forever said he was a crap manager and ill stand buy it.

From 97-2010
    he has won 12 trophy's

From 2002-2010
    Mourinho has won 17..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Seems nice and relaxed outside his house.
    Wonder what his next move is.
    Don't be surprised to see him on the Anfield touchline in January. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

MR NINE wrote: »
    I don't think people realise how big an achievement it would have been had Rafa won the league with Liverpool. He did an excellent job at Liverpool to come as close as he did. Plus winning a CL and an FA Cup didn't hurt. Maybe some people on here do over rate him but too many people on here under rate him and some of the comments I've read on this read are beyond stupid. I'd quote but for fear of idiotic responses.

I don't think you realise that he had more resources at his disposal than all the other teams bar Chelsea at his disposal. To see how much of a shambles he made of the club look no further that your league position last season and the quality of the squad he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mister men wrote: »
    Amazing the real hatred towards Benitez on here. Makes you wonder.

nobody likes a liar or people who always try pass the buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

The Muppet wrote: »
    nobody likes a liar or people who always try pass the buck.

Needs a lesson from Truman imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

elius wrote: »
    He wouldn't manage a good Sh1t:rolleyes:

He Left Liverpool in ruins! Hodgson has to pick up the piece's.
    He's begging for more players for a team that one the Champions League and i think SERIE A last year and currently lie 7th. He has no man management skills and has yet to Nurse a talent.

Ive forever said he was a crap manager and ill stand buy it.

From 97-2010
    he has won 12 trophy's

From 2002-2010
    Mourinho has won 17..

So he's only the 2nd best manager in the world then?

Yeah, probably should look to take over at Darlington or something next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

The Muppet wrote: »
    I don't think you realise that he had more resources at his disposal than all the other teams bar Chelsea at his disposal. To see how much of a shambles he made of the club look no further that your league position last season and the quality of the squad he left.

I don't think you understand the concept of net spend. (I know I'm also sick of discussing net spend but until people can grasp the difference between net and gross then its a subject thats gonna keep cropping up.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Mister men wrote: »
    Don't be surprised to see him on the Anfield touchline in January. Here's hoping.

Dont we all relegation would have to be a sure thing. Wonder what odds id get of paddy power 2/1 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think the Rafa haters are more fun to listen to than his diehard fans! They seem to have so much invested in his failure that it makes it fun to watch them come out with rubbish. They are making fools of themselves with claims that a man who won what he did in the last decade is a bad manager. He's not the best...he's not the worst. But his detractors will be happy tonight indeed.

Advertisement