Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Market, Downloads section

• 20-12-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭

anyone else having trouble getting into the downloads section of the market?? I'm getting, "A server error has occurred, retry, cancel...." Started happening on saturday i think...tried clearing cache etc...no joy.

I can install new apps, but now i have to use appbrain to check for app updates, cause i can't get into the downloads section...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

No problems here

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flipsky

Gryzor wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble getting into the downloads section of the market?? I'm getting, "A server error has occurred, retry, cancel...." Started happening on saturday i think...tried clearing cache etc...no joy.

I can install new apps, but now i have to use appbrain to check for app updates, cause i can't get into the downloads section...

Exact same problem for me. Also tried clearing cache and uninstalling market updates but no joy. Plenty of mention of this problem on the web but can't find a solution. I'm on a HTC Hero/Meteor/2.1 firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I have Hero too, CyanogenMod 6.1, on Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Searched the web but there doesn't seem to be any solution.
    I have uninstalled Market updates - cleared cache and data and rebooted.

Some mention on the web of changing google accounts but that sounds like a non solution to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

dougal wrote: »
    Some mention on the web of changing google accounts but that sounds like a non solution to me.

that seems to be the answer for every market problem there ever was...non-runner as you say...

• Advertisement

Gryzor wrote: »
    that seems to be the answer for every market problem there ever was...non-runner as you say...

There must be something going on when multiple people experiencing this issue.
    I am on a non-rooted N1 with O2 running 2.2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

All good here.
    Desire with latest official s/w on it.
    The market GUI seemed to change (for me) in the past week or so, not sure when exactly, perhaps this "update" is part of the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Market UI was being updated, it should work fine now.

draffodx wrote: »
    The Market UI was being updated, it should work fine now.

Fraid not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Same thing happened to me. I cleared the cache and tried runing the market again. Up to this point I hadn't switched to the new market UI but when I tried the market again the new UI loaded up so I'd guess that that's something to do with it, pure speculation though!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

Not working for me either.

just switched back to leedroid from cyanogen, market is working again...new UI aswell...

Mine is working again now - old UI but I don't think I did anything.
    Must have been a problem on their side.

Advertisement