Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can new xbox 360 connect with wireless mobile bb router

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

mac500 wrote: »
    Hi, ive just got this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9263910/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX.htm for xmas and im wondering will i be able to connet to the internet wirelessly with this http://www.three.ie/products_services/broadband/router.htm

or will i need the use of laptop and ethernet cable as ive read so much about, which is kinda a pain in the ass :(

You'll be fine with just the console, the new slim ones have a wifi adapter built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

thanks cython,

is the type of broadband im going to be using gonna be any good for gaming or xbox live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

thanks cython,

is the type of broadband im going to be using gonna be any good for gaming or xbox live?

Woops, sorry I didn't spot that bit of the post. To be honest, I've never tried using XBL over any of the "mobile broadband" offerings. In theory the bandwidth on that should be fine (though may be slow to download games/updates/DLC, and any traffic cap may be on the low side for that too), but the ping or latency (time that the information spends in transit) is often quite high, which can adversely affect gameplay. So there is a risk there, but I will defer to someone who has actually tried this as to whether the package is suitable or not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

that would be great, thanks for your help. at the moment im using the 3 dongle with my laptop and thats working the finest and its about 3 years old so im sure the newer ones are better which may help for the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

that would be great, thanks for your help. at the moment im using the 3 dongle with my laptop and thats working the finest and its about 3 years old so im sure the newer ones are better which may help for the xbox
    Theres not really any difference TBH

• Advertisement
Advertisement