Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Maintenace ? 19/12/2010

• 20-12-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Did anyone have trouble with their UPC broadband last night ? Im out in the celbridge are btw

I had no trouble connecting to the router from any device in the house (1 pc, 1 xbox, 2 wireless) but the trouble was with the router.

I had tried to flush and register DNS, tried OpenDns, tried to renew IPs , but no luck.

Under "Cable Modem Status" within the Router (192.168.1.1) it had "Not Synchrnoised"
    And within the Logs (which I can't access now for some reason) it had a 'Maintenance request sent' or something or other.

This was from 9pm -at least 3am...was still borked when I was going to bed.

Just wondering if anyone else had any issues ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Did anyone have trouble with their UPC broadband last night ? Im out in the celbridge are btw

I had no trouble connecting to the router from any device in the house (1 pc, 1 xbox, 2 wireless) but the trouble was with the router.

I had tried to flush and register DNS, tried OpenDns, tried to renew IPs , but no luck.

Under "Cable Modem Status" within the Router (192.168.1.1) it had "Not Synchrnoised"
    And within the Logs (which I can't access now for some reason) it had a 'Maintenance request sent' or something or other.

This was from 9pm -at least 3am...was still borked when I was going to bed.

Just wondering if anyone else had any issues ?

I'm on the 100 one in Swords and I lost connection at 23:15 and was pointed to the "self-service" page only and could not use the internet.

This morning at 0600 everything was back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

I keep getting pointed to the self service page for a number of different sites im trying to access here with UPC now in D24.

Pages are coming up with a message:

"Error 404--Not Found
    From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:"

Anyone else getting this error ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mimata99

Hi,

I have a different problem. I very often get the selfservice website of upc i.e. www.boards.ie/self-service. I worked around it by putting the nortondns address in my TCP/IP settings. check out www.nortondns.com.

t happens to me quite frequently that my mobile devices connected through the browser get this UPC site. Not sure what UPC is doing with its servers.....

cheers,

Mimata99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have an unrelated error, then don't drag up an old and unrelated thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement