Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tag a bin service getting worse..

Options
  • 20-12-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

went looking for tags for tag a bin yesterday, and all the local shops had none in stock.

this is not the first time that i found it difficult to get tags for tag a bin.

its a total joke, im going to switch back to a different more reliable provider.

my experience with them so far has not been great.

can anyone recommend a good reliable alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Funnily enough, I've just started using tag-a-bin and went looking for my first tag at the weekend. Tried my local shop, and was told that they had none - the shopkeeper said that he'd received one delivery of tags when the service started, but had never received another!

Managed to get one at the next nearest shop.

ingen, I'm not sure where you are, but if it's of any use to you, I got the tag in the Londis on the Dublin Rd, Drogheda (beside the black bull).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I find it quite hard to find tags, especially when I forget and go looking in the evening.
    (why so few?)

I live in wheaton hall, the local mace doesn't sell them, so my first stop is usually Stafford's, but they sell out very fast.

So Johns centra is usually where i find them.
    Good to know the black bull shop does them. Thanks for that.

Darksaga,

The local shop I was talking about in my post is the Wheaton Hall Mace, as it happens!

gipi wrote: »
    Darksaga,

The local shop I was talking about in my post is the Wheaton Hall Mace, as it happens!

Yeah they told me they don't do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

tag a bin are supposed to collect the orange bins today,, no sign of them yet, has anyone had their bin collected by tag a bin yet?

last week no tags were available and now this week when i managed to get hold of a tag no sign of them yet!:mad:

they are just too unreliable, in terms of tag availability and then the collection itself.

• Advertisement

Sorry, ingen, I didn't leave a bin out today, so I can't answer your query - I haven't seen any bin trucks round the estate today at all though.

@Darksaga, fyi, I was in SouthGate shopping centre today, and spotted the tagabin sign in the newsagent's shop there, so another nearby location to try when we need tags!

gipi wrote: »
    Sorry, ingen, I didn't leave a bin out today, so I can't answer your query - I haven't seen any bin trucks round the estate today at all though.

@Darksaga, fyi, I was in SouthGate shopping centre today, and spotted the tagabin sign in the newsagent's shop there, so another nearby location to try when we need tags!

hi gipi thanks for that,

they are a very unreliable bin service...
    thats if they bother their ass collecting the bins when they should be.

think i will switch back to a more reliable bin service.

Mine has been sitting on the kerb since last night. pretty pissed off with this crap.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Mine has been sitting on the kerb since last night. pretty pissed off with this crap.

i think oxigen are offering a deal to return business to them..

i was promised last week, they would be collected today..... guess what.

they added info on their website stating bins will be collected tomorrow....

then the fact that there is always a problem getting tags for tag a bin!

:mad::mad::mad:

24 hours late, it gets collected.

• Advertisement

Tee hee.....got a text message this afternoon to tell me that next week's collection will be on Tuesday 4th, not Monday 3rd Jan!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

im out in stamullen but tag a bin recently moved into the area offering 55e for three months.now me and about 20 other people rang oxigen saying we were changing and they matched tag a bin right away no questions asked.worth a try if tag a bin are messing ye around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Why in the name of god are these companies still using physical tags, loads of places around the country have a card with a user name and pass you can top up on the website of the company or go to the post office or any shop with payzone to top it up :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

did a search and found this thread, no tag a bin collection today, tag on the bin and all, think lorry went past and never bothered collecting bin.

:mad: im switching from them now,

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Oxigen are now running a 'Pay by Use' system.

€10.50 for Black bin and €4.50 for green bin. The Oxigen truck scans your bin and deducts the amount from your preloaded account.

Living alone I don't have too much rubbish so I registered for this although I haven't used it yet but at least I know that Oxigen go past my house every week.

LH2011 wrote: »
    did a search and found this thread, no tag a bin collection today, tag on the bin and all, think lorry went past and never bothered collecting bin.

:mad: im switching from them now,

Happened me at the end of September - bin out the night before, and wasn't collected. I phoned and they offered to try to collect it 2 days later (usual day Monday, offered to collect it Wed). As I was going away, it didn't suit, so I had to leave it till I got back.

Might be worth giving them a shout LH2011 to see what they can do for you before you decide to switch.

I've had the problem with another bin company before, so I'm hoping that it was a once-off...there aren't many options left!!

tag a bin not collected today (again)....think I'll be looking elsewhere after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

They have become a joke of a service over the last few months. It's after taking me 3 weeks to have them come and take their bins after I cancelled my account with them. Numerous times they have not bothered collecting the bins when they were out. The final straw came when I was as good as called a liar over the phone when I rang to see why it wasn't taken this time, they said they were around at 6am and there was no bin out, even though I'd put it at the gate the night before!

markc,

Funny, I got the same impression when I spoke to them - I felt I wasn't believed when I said that the bin had been put out the night before.

My bin was collected on Wednesday so I'm ok again for another while. They'll get one more chance (must be the season of goodwill and all that!) from me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Since becoming a blow in to the Drogheda in 2004, I have used Oxigen. In 7 years service I couldn't fault them in any instance, so if you can go the DD route or pay as you go you'll be getting a good service.

• Advertisement

Thanks delly,

If tagabin mess up again, I think Oxigen will be my next port of call! They appear to be the only other company to offer real "pay as you use" service, without an annual charge (as of Dec 2011 anyway!).

I only put a bin out about 6 times a year, so annual fee options are just way too expensive for me!

Remember this account?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=345094

Didnt last very long, once the service was launched and the service declined it was never heard from again.

I had tagabin when i lived in wheaton hall. every second week I was on the phone to them.

Useless shower of muppets.

Advertisement