Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions from Sligo to Kerry..

Options
  • 20-12-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I want to get home for Xmas with my wife an 7week old daughter (Havnt been home since she was born!)

Could anyone along the following routes let me know what the roads are like over the next few days...

Charlestown to Galway
    Galway to Limerick
    Limerick to Killarney

Really want to get home but dont want to take a big risk doing so..

Id really appreciate any info..

Thanking you all

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tolerable to good south of Tuam. Variable north of Tuam. Fairly crap in Kerry with the Abbeyfeale-Newcastle West run taking an hour alone and crappier the further south and west you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Killarney is supposed to be very bad. A few people going down from Dublin are waiting for the hoped for thaw on christmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Im from kerry most main roads are ok now have been snow plowed and gritted
    but there could still be ice after dark
    secondry bye roads are still bad with compact frozen snow
    I found from abbyfeale to killarney ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

djmc wrote: »
    Im from kerry most main roads are ok now have been snow plowed and gritted
    but there could still be ice after dark
    secondry bye roads are still bad with compact frozen snow
    I found from abbyfeale to killarney ok.

I agree drove from limerick to killarney very late last night and all the main roads were fine. No problems. Just the secondary roads but majority of roads gritted

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

Thanks for that lads,

I think i'll chance it in the morning.. If anyone has any more info id appreciate it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement