Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MISSING PERSON** Kieran Cassidy

Options
  • 20-12-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hi all, last Friday my friends dad went missing, just hoping Cork boardsies would spread the word and help get him back with his family for Christmas. Feel free to print off this poster and stick it up locally, thanks for any help.

58018_186265651387995_100000136833866_746037_3586859_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Unfortunately Kierans body was found this morning I just got a phone call now, my deepest condolences are with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Very sad news. My thoughts are with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

<Mod note: I've edited out this story because the death in question has not been publicly linked to the missing person. Faith.>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

very sad for the family , no matter what the circumstances.

a young cork student took his own life yesterday. 5 th yr in CBC.
    tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

My heart is broken for poor David, his son 17 years old and one of the nicest lads you'd ever meet, have just been speaking to him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Did he take his own life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Very sad to hear so close to Christmas. I know another person who killed themselves last week. What is it with suicides and Christmas? Very tragic stuff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Only going to say this once. Be respectful and do not under any circumstances drag rumour into this. Bans start at 14 days for those who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Dean820 wrote: »
    Very sad to hear so close to Christmas. I know another person who killed themselves last week. What is it with suicides and Christmas? Very tragic stuff.

I agree. I know a fella who's brother hung himself Christmas time 3 years ago, the fella I know was in New York when he found out.

I lived with him for Christmas 2008 and 2009, he was grand for most of the year but at Christmas he got really down. He doesn't have any contacts with any relatives now as he is living away from his family, I hope he will be OK this christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

CorkMan wrote: »
    I agree. I know a fella who's brother hung himself Christmas time 3 years ago, the fella I know was in New York when he found out.

I lived with him for Christmas 2008 and 2009, he was grand for most of the year but at Christmas he got really down. He doesn't have any contacts with any relatives now as he is living away from his family, I hope he will be OK this christmas.

Give him a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Give him a call.

This post made me smile.

RIP RE the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Give him a call.

We had a big argument earlier in the year, so we are not talking. Plus he doesn't have a mobile.

I know he will pull through as he has been through the worst. Plus his family only lives in West Cork, so I hope he visits them. He can if he wants to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

CorkMan wrote: »
    We had a big argument earlier in the year, so we are not talking. Plus he doesn't have a mobile.

I know he will pull through as he has been through the worst. Plus his family only lives in West Cork, so I hope he visits them. He can if he wants to.

That kind of attitude really upsets me. Why post about how you hope he'll be alright when you clearly don't give a crap? If you cared at all, even in the slightest, you'd get in contact with him. So what if you had a fight? You're adults, get over it. You know the chap is vulnerable and no doubt having a really rough time of it at this time of year. So either be a decent person and give him a call, or stop pretending to care how he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Faith wrote: »
    That kind of attitude really upsets me. Why post about how you hope he'll be alright when you clearly don't give a crap? If you cared at all, even in the slightest, you'd get in contact with him. So what if you had a fight? You're adults, get over it. You know the chap is vulnerable and no doubt having a really rough time of it at this time of year. So either be a decent person and give him a call, or stop pretending to care how he is.
    That's pretty harsh and you're making quite a few stong assumptions if your only knowledge of their relationship and circumstances is based solely on what you've read here.

This thread has gone fairly OT. Should it not just be locked at this stage? All that these posts are doing is bumping a thread about a very sensitive situation for the family and friends of the unfortunately deceased Mr. Cassidy. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Lemag wrote: »
    That's pretty harsh and you're making quite a few stong assumptions when your only knowledge of their relationship and circumstances are based solely on what you've read here.

+1 and god knows what any of that has to do with this thread anyway as none of us know for sure what caused Kieran to die the way he did. RIP

Lemag wrote: »
    That's pretty harsh and you're making quite a few stong assumptions if your only knowledge of their relationship and circumstances is based solely on what you've read here.

This thread has gone fairly OT. Should it not just be locked at this stage? All that these posts are doing is bumping a thread about a very sensitive situation for the family and friends of the unfortunately deceased Mr. Cassidy. RIP.

Fair enough, maybe it was harsh. My apologies to CorkMan if he felt it was too harsh.

Anyways, as has been pointed out more than once, there's no further purpose to this thread. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement