Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let go from work and still to be paid

Options
  • 20-12-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short, I worked for a small office suppliers in cork for 5 months and last Thursday I was let go due to the need to let staff go to save money (and seeing as I was on my probation still, I could be let go without a problem).

I know this was going to happen, so when my boss called me into his office, I was polite and reserved about the whole process and asked for my pay (check) and a reference, upon which I was told to come in the following morning to collect.

Neither were supplied upon my arrival the next day and I was told to phone back on the Monday morning and pick it up later that day, suffice to say i was not impressed (after being told to arrive at that time and have my time wasted ,also others whom were let go, got these things the very next day).

Now calling today i was told neither was ready due to accounts personnel being there and wait for a call back.

Personally i think they are fobbing me off until they break for Christmas in a few days, any ideas how i can resole this?

Advertisement