Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent 'Quality Assurance' Auditors

• 20-12-2010 3:23pm
    Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen this suddenly appear on the NAS??

"Panel of Quality Assurance auditors 07/12/2010
    SEAI have an independent panel of Quality Assurance auditors that we use to carry out BER audits on our behalf. You may receive an e-mail from a member of the QA auditors panel requesting information for an audit. The request will be sent from one of the following e-mail addresses:"

So SEAI are now farming out auditing services?

I wonder if there was a tendering process to provide this service? I didnt see any notification?

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I thought this was always the case. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

Going by the e-mail addresses listed on the NAS one of them seems to be an active BER assessor. Will he get audited?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I thought this was always the case. No?

no, i dont think so, i was always of the assumption that SEAI were doing their own audits. The assessment email was always an official SEAI address.
    BER.QA@sei.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I did see a tender document for this about 3 months ago. Don't have it to hand . But I recall that active assessors had to "de activate" to become auditors .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭PaleRider

sydthebeat

I think they should be more practical support, rather than auditing all the time.

If they have to Audit; why not visit house with assessor and be more supporting.

All Stick and No Carrot :rolleyes:

Remember NAS down tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

I dont recall seeing this tendered document either. My most recent audit request arrived on 20th December from an SEAI domain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

You may receive an e-mail from a member of the QA auditors panel requesting information

Data protection? It's a commercial activity as far as I see....personal data transfered from a state owned non-commercial organisation used to make money?
    And later this " sucsessfull " enterprise will be sold, privatised....incl. the clients data of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

..... yeah . Or maybe it is just a pragmatic way to facilitate an audit .

Advertisement