Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giz a look!

Options
  • 20-12-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

So, what sets do ye have?! I've put a temporary stop to any further purchases because of lack of space; I had to buy the shelving to be able to put the models somewhere!

I'd love to get the 2 formula 1 cars as well along with the vintage 8868 set (to relive childhood memories!)

Here's a few pics of what I've got:

DSCN1696.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

DSCN1691.jpg

DSCN1693.jpg

DSCN1694.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

Post em if you got em!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Very cool!

I have no pictures of any of my sets at the moment, as the parts for them all are spread between here and Ireland. I suspect my better half has bought me a set for crimbo so I will upload pics of it once it is built.

I am hoping to get this after xmas.

Also, I was in a Lego shop(I have pictures which I will post up later) in Germany a few weeks ago, and bought a Power functions controller that I had never seen before. It looks like a controller for a PS3 and has 2 dials on it for changing speed and directions of motors. I broke my IR receiver in another project so will be buying a PF set in the near future which I would like to incorporate into something. I also want to build an automatic gear box when I have the time.

I am the sort of guy who builds the model, and plays with it for a while, and then builds the second model, and then builds a new model, so the pieces are always in transition.

Nice collection though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

That controller sounds mental; it'd be cool with the ferrari, if it could have motors added to drive and steer it.

How would you build the autobox? Would it be going into a model or just a standalone piece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Awesome thread :D

All my stuff is packed away down home :(

I will have to root it out for Christmas for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Impressive:cool:

I'm gettin' a few of the old K'nex rollercoasters for christmas but starting from 2011 I'm going to begin collecting and building lego again. Out of interest how much would you be paying for each of the models?

That controller sounds mental; it'd be cool with the ferrari, if it could have motors added to drive and steer it.

How would you build the autobox? Would it be going into a model or just a standalone piece?

I'll post up pictures later today of the controller. It looks deadly alright.

As for the gearbox, initially it will be a standalone piece, but I would love to get the off roader kit, and maybe incorporate it, but I suspect, it will be too small.
    Out of interest how much would you be paying for each of the models?

I think the OP paid between 60 and 100 euros for each one.

EDIT: I just found the controller on the lego site:

• Advertisement

I bought the space shuttle recently for $100 in one of NY's Lego stores - they had it on display and it was impressive looking so I went for it! The wife bought me the other pieces so I'm not sure what they cost:) Syklops isn't too far off the mark though, although I'm pretty sure the crane cost her more than 100 at the time.

I bought the space shuttle recently for $100 in one of NY's Lego stores - they had it on display and it was impressive looking so I went for it! The wife bought me the other pieces so I'm not sure what they cost:) Syklops isn't too far off the mark though, although I'm pretty sure the crane cost her more than 100 at the time.

I just saw the crane in a German Lego catalogue and it was 99 euros. Sorry to spoil the surprise Captain Slow ;)

I had to help her purchase it at the time (fleabay!), it was a bit more than that when p&p charges were added to it. I can't remember exactly what it cost but I know it's the most expensive one I have!

I had to help her purchase it at the time (fleabay!), it was a bit more than that when p&p charges were added to it. I can't remember exactly what it cost but I know it's the most expensive one I have!

Well its a piece to be proud of.

I really want one now.. :(

• Advertisement

There is one design flaw with it though - the thread keeps getting tangled when you extend/retract the crane. I was playing with another one and it had the same problem so it wasn't down to my shoddy building! I've been meaning to fix it but never find the time!

It it an impressive piece, really big when the crane is up in the air.

I have pictures from the Lego Shop in Munich. Should I create a new thread and put them there, or does the OP think it would be ok to add them here?

Stick em on! The more, the merrier:D

Lego logo outside one of their offices
    IMAG0015.jpg

Lego Shop Front
    IMAG0016.jpg

Shop Front(Better Version)
    IMAG0017.jpg

Darth Vadar's Imperial Shuttle
    IMAG0018.jpg

Lego ATAT Walker
    IMAG0020.jpg

Bionicle Motorcycle***
    IMAG0023.jpg

I dont like Bionicle, I dont like the toys, the premise, I dont like any part of it. Personally, I think it is a hangover from Lego's identity crisis from a few years ago. That said, I saw this and thought, "I would actually buy that and put it on a shelf". My photo does not do it justice.

Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A lot of my stuff is in storage, but last year I went mad and took it out, built everything (well not everything, have a big box of remaining bricks that I have to sort through, instructions have gone missing). Took this picture then:

phpNxnPpzAM.jpg

The island on the left in the foreground is going for just under $500 on Amazon :cool:

Since then I've gotten a load of Toy Story stuff (not technically the best Lego out there, but I'm just a huge Pixar fanboy so I had to). Also got this Prince of Persia set:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7572-1

And the two series of minifigs that have been released.

Tallon wrote: »
    Awesome

.....to the max!

I've some photo's of the Lego store in Rockafeller Centre in NY, I'll get them up when I can find them!

@Syklops - I'm just after noticing the mobile crane in the background of one of your pics, which is probably the one in the catalogue, I think the model no. is 8053 (click!) The one I have is a good few years old, the model no is 8421 (click!) I got a bargain:cool:

Excellant pic Necronomicon!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

this is a lego printer i built, actually printed and all , great use of my colleges lego sets

140738.jpg

140739.jpg

140740.jpg

140741.jpg

I'll have photos for you later lads. I got a tractor with rack and pinion steering and pneumatic crane for Christmas!!

I have it half built. I have stopped now other wise there would be no goose for dinner.

:D

• Advertisement

Got a legoman LED light :)

Thing is ridiculously powerful

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Excellent thread, nice to see what others have; I'm jealous of your Pieterbilt(?) Captain Slow, I've wanted one of those for ages.... Enough talk, more pictures:

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8282
    Picked up this crane on Adverts, for €100!

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8281
    My favourite

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8280

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8279
    The stickers stated to crack and peel, so I had to take them all off the F1 Car :(

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8278

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8277

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8276

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8275

And when I have a spare few hours, I can put this together (thanks to the missus for this one :) )

picture.php?albumid=1512&pictureid=8283

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1512#

Got a legoman LED light :)

Thing is ridiculously powerful

I got one too :D

My sister got me not one, but two sets (my first foray into Star Wars would you believe :eek:)

8093_1.jpg

8018_1.jpg

The AAT is awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Some nice stuff there, Spocker, though I don't go for Technic myself. Nicely displayed, too, but what do you do to keep the dust off them?

I don't have anything on display at the moment, mostly I buy sets, build them once, then disassemble them and sort the parts to use in my own things. I did get the whole Prince of Persia line because it had some great elements and looked very nice, but I had to break it up for transporting and I never got around to rebuilding it. The bulk of my stuff is packed away because I need to focus on other things this year. All I have out is some Street Fighter minifigs on my tv, and my dvd shelf is infested with zombies.

I'd love that shuttle set. I've had my eye on it since it was announced but I can't manage it right now. That one would definitely be a display piece. There's a smaller, mainstream shuttle due out in a week or two, that may have to satisfy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Woah, I wish I could afford to buy lego sets like this! We only have one huge basket of really old lego from the 70's or 80's.

My cousin has one of the red truck thingies (with a crane I think) that someone posted above :P
    I watched him make half of it over Xmas, and it looked waaay too fun!

Sucks being a 20 year old girl, no one ever thinks to buy you this kind of stuff for Christmas haha! :pac:

Saaron wrote: »
    Sucks being a 20 year old girl, no one ever thinks to buy you this kind of stuff for Christmas haha! :pac:

I'm 25, and it's all people bought me this christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Saaron wrote: »

21 year old girl here too and I would LOVE to get lego for christmas!

I used to play to the point the skin on my fingers was red raw.

I love walking down the lego aisle in Smiths to see what's there.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Dunjohn wrote: »
    what do you do to keep the dust off them?

Nothing fancy, just a can of compressed air does the trick for me.
    I'm 25, and it's all people bought me this christmas :pac:

I'm older than him :eek: and it's all I got for Christmas too!

Got a nice suprise earlier. I bought a set last year (7036) for €50 in Smyths (actually just before last Christmas). Apparently that was the last month it was available, and it is now like gold dust. It's going for $180 on Amazon. This is the set:

Castle_Kopalnia_karlow_Legoimages_zdjecia6LEGO7036_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Hey, I'm a 4th year Mechanical Engineering Student from UL and I built this a little while ago using my NXT set and a good few other technic sets. It scans coordinates on a dented aluminium plate and then saves them as a text file. I import the text file into Pro Engineer CAD software, create a mesh over the points and it gives a very good 3D representation of the dented plate.

46740_1618403823343_1333800105_1616381_47698_n.jpg

46740_1618403903345_1333800105_1616383_5008149_n.jpg

46740_1618404023348_1333800105_1616386_1045272_n.jpg

I'm quite happy with the results it gives too.

Advertisement