Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Had Sky. Wanting to move to freesat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Power off your sky box.
    Remove the viewing card
    Power up the sky box.

Let the receiver boot up and you will have all the free channels. BBC1 London should be the first channel on the EPG when you press tv guide.

You can store the 50 best channels in favourites so that you dont have to look through all the sky channels that you can't receive, when browsing.

You will still have 7 day program guide etc etc.

You dont really need a FREESAT receiver, unless of course you want to upgrade to HD.

No need to move dish, and sadly you wont receive any Irish channels. you will need an aerial for those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Excellent thanks.

Unfortunately we've no Sky box (we just moved into a rental house and they didn't supply it)

So if I just get my hands on a second hand Sky Box and remote it should do the trick?

What would be the best way to get the Irish channels?

Thanks for the help.
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

mathie wrote: »
    Excellent thanks.

Unfortunately we've no Sky box (we just moved into a rental house and they didn't supply it)

So if I just get my hands on a second hand Sky Box and remote it should do the trick?

What would be the best way to get the Irish channels?

Thanks for the help.
    M

Sorry,

I thought from your original post that you had the sky equipment but just had stopped paying the subscription.

You can either get your hands on a second hand sky box so, or buy the receiver that you showed in your original post, all though you may want to go HD. Would probably cost an extra €50-€60 euro but might be worth it in the long run.

To get the Irish channels you will need an aerial, mounted externally if possible, depends on your location really but an external aerial and perhaps a few other ancillary bits and pieces and you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Sorry,

I thought from your original post that you had the sky equipment but just had stopped paying the subscription.

You can either get your hands on a second hand sky box so, or buy the receiver that you showed in your original post, all though you may want to go HD. Would probably cost an extra €50-€60 euro but might be worth it in the long run.

To get the Irish channels you will need an aerial, mounted externally if possible, depends on your location really but an external aerial and perhaps a few other ancillary bits and pieces and you should be fine.

Very much appreciated.
    Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I bought this from satellite.ie recently. It's useful as you can get the Irish DTT channels too. There's manual set up involved (putting the channels in order etc.) but totally worth it as you can filter out those you don't want etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I've done this but there's a few channels I'm missing that I can get in the "other channels" eg. FIVE and STV/STVHD. Any way of getting them into the EPG?

Advertisement