Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop that sells irish/cork touristy stuff

Options
  • 20-12-2010 4:35pm

hi i am recently home for xmas from south africa. i want to bring back irish touristy stuff, i want to find out is there a dedicated shop in cork that also sells flags. i went to the music shop on patricks street and it was crazily overpriced and was very limited. there must be a shop that sells all this type of touristy stuff in cork, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

There's a place on Princes St called House of Gifts! It sells crafts and knitwear and souvenir stuff. I've never been in it but there's loads of that kind of stuff in the window.

yeah thats the emerald i think was in there, nothing really irish in there just some glassware and loads of xmas stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Oh. The airport? :)

Meadow's and Byrne's on Academy St for crockery type stuff. Unless you want to go to the Woollen Mills in Blarney, I can't really think of anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭thecelt

If you had a chance to drop down to killarney you wud get heaps of touristy stuff all over!

yeah was thinking of killarney but the drive now in this weather wouldnt really be worth it, just think it is a bit mad cork city doesn't really have much in that line of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

http://peoplesrepublicofcork.buy.ie/catalog/index.php

You can pick up the 'People's Republic of Cork' tshirts in a few places around town. 'The Rave Cave' in the English Market being one such place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

there is a little shop in kinsale. its on the street behind the merries. closer than killarney !

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

have you tried the shop in the Tourist Information office in Grand Parade? I think we can find many Irish things there. Not sure about the price. maybe some stuff is overprice.

Other alternative is 2 Euro shops in Oliver plunket street. Not much Irish things there, but we can find some typical irish gift there like flag, hat, kithen stuff, crystal (I bought there few months ago), etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

FM on Patrick St. sells all that kind of sh1te.

Advertisement