Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cs5 dedicated build

Options
  • 20-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get my teeth into a build. I am looking at a spend of no more than €1500.00 not to include monitor. I am looking at a machine that will be soley dedicated Adobe cs5.
    Its been a long time since I done something like this but I am sure I could get more bang for my buck by doing a build.
    Has anyone any ideas on what components I should be looking at?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I would think a €1500 build for a CS5 is overkill by about €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Probably, but I am looking for something with a lot of power especially with some of the hdr programs (nik software hdrpro) that are very memory hungry.
    My current pc is great with games but just cant handle CS5 with any speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you're going to want to get as many cores as possible. this is the most important thing. an amd 1090T/1055T 6 core is your best bet, and good bang for buck. the alternative (and very much more pricey) is an i7 rig.

8gb++ of fast ram. (6gb if going down the i7 route)

the GPU should be an Nvidia GPU, as cs5 can take advantage of the CUDA cores only found on nVidia's graphics cards. however, and im open to correction, i dont believe you really need something top of the range? i *believe* a GTX460 1gb will do the trick.

some fast HDD's or even SSD's. but the more RAM you have the less read and writes to your HDD. ie more responsive.

the rest is negligible..

(just FYI, im no expert on this forum, and hopefully someone will come on here and correct any mistakes ive made. i also dont use cs5)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i put together a list of parts which are top quality but are expensive with it
    you could easily go with a different build and knock 500-600 off of that and it would give you brilliant performance
    in this build i put in things like a cpu cooler if you ever go down the overclocking route
    a 2tb drive as you may have big files if you are using Photoshop
    an SSD drive as this will start the pc faster and allow you to install cs5 onto it to speed it up

Noctua NH-D14, Sockel AM2/AM2+/AM3/775/1366/1156
    72,32 €

Cooler Master HAF Mini 922M ohne Netzteil
    95,13 €

Intel Core i7-950 Box 8192Kb, LGA1366
    252,72 €

12GB-Kit Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 CL7
    227,90 €

Corsair Force SSD 120GB 6,4cm (2,5") SATA II
    199,34 €

Corsair TX750W 750 Watt
    95,52 €

Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD203WI 2TB SATA II
    83,36 €

ZOTAC GeForce GTX470, 1280MB DDR5
    211,71 €

Gigabyte GA-X58A-USB3, Intel X58, ATX, PCI-Express
    168,17 €

total €1406
    plus delivery €30
    if you want it built by them €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks lads,
    Skerries that is a great list very similar to what I was finding by googling.
    Where did you price these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh yeah its from www.hardwareversand.de
    they are a german company but many on here have built their system from them including myself
    just be aware they don't take credit cards or paypal and you have to use an international money transfer so you can set that up in your online banking

• Registered Users Posts: 49 HLF

That spec looks great. I had a look at www.hardwareversand.de and tried to use the PC Configurator option but it would not let me choose the SSD “Corsair Force SSD 120GB 6,4cm (2,5") SATA II” in section 4. Hard drive (s) / Storage. Is there another place I can add this option.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

HLF wrote: »
    That spec looks great. I had a look at www.hardwareversand.de and tried to use the PC Configurator option but it would not let me choose the SSD “Corsair Force SSD 120GB 6,4cm (2,5") SATA II” in section 4. Hard drive (s) / Storage. Is there another place I can add this option.
    Thanks

Probably doesn't like the fact that you are trying to add a 2.5" drive to a desktop (a simple 2.5 -> 3.5 drive adapter is all that is required). All you need have to do is finish off the with PC Configurator with any 3.5" drive (it willl put all the components in the basket at the last step) and then afterwards manually remove the 3.5" drive you no longer need and add the SSD.

Advertisement