Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Console to get started.

• 20-12-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

MODS, if ther eis a better place to post this then please move it, but I ooked and I cant find a general console area..

Trying to decide which console to buy, and there does not seem to be anywhere to ask this question without putting it into one of the consoles which will result in an unbalanced reply.. not sure if I am making sense

I want to have fun and get fit, I also like first person games..

So was looking at your shape Evolved on the 360, but have no idea whats available on the other systems, any ideas or thoughts ?

in the past I had a Playstation and an xbox ... so I dont care what platform, just the best to get me up and moving :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm not certain you'll get the answer you want here, as most of us get more fun out of opening consoles up than actually using them :rolleyes::p But the Wii has a good fitness programe, but lacks any decent FPS (havn't tried Goldeneyes yet though).

A 360 with Kinect would prob be your best bet, as I'd imagine a slew of fitness titles will be coming soon so you'll get the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Modding forums is not the place for this ;) Consoles are mainly used to play games - so the best place to ask for impartial advice is Games.

The general consensus is get whatever one your friends have - it'll allow you to swap games, arrange online gaming etc etc :)

Fun can be had on all consoles - the Wii, PS3 or the 360. Even the DS (though it's more a handheld than a true console if you ask me).

Getting fit while playing games is a gimick in my opinion. Nobody that I know of wants to be doing tuck and rolls playing a spy game on the Kinect, or jumping up and down on a Wii balance board pretending to surf or whatever you do with the PS3 Move. Don't get me wrong, they're pretty good craic with a gang of people around and for the odd hour or two but they never hold interest in my experience. Buying a console for 'getting fit' purposes will mean it'll end up redundant when the novelty wears off, if you have a commitment to fitness then games will be very low on the list of ways to do it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Thank you both for the information its appreciated..
    I will look at the games section, I had no idea and didnt see it, and I knew this wasnt the best place to ask but didnt know where else...

Thank you guys...

Advertisement