Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Months and not eating

Options
  • 20-12-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,
    I am a little worried about my little girl,she is 10months old today and she seems to not want to eat very much, she used to eat -
    B/F - Ceral & Toast & drink of water
    L - homemade dish -either chicken, meat, veg
    D - Homemade dish again chicken,meat veg.
    she would take 3 bottles a day and sips of water,she would also eat small snacks of a biscut or fruit.

now all she eats is
    B - half a slice of toast
    L - two spoon fulls of homemade dish
    D - two spoon fulls of homemade dish
    snack - 2 biscuts and few sips of water.

she still has her 3 bottles a day.she is in fantastic form as always and sleeps anything from 10/12 hrs a night.

i am worried cause she used to eat so much and now it is a fight to eat, i have always made all her own meals and never givien her a jar of anything.
    She has her top two teeth and bottom two, she has never been sick with colds or flus.

is it just a faze? am i been over the top?: i am worried ,
    any advice would be helpful.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

When you say that now she's not eating, how long has this been going on? Is it sustained or is it something that's been going on for a few days?

At 10 months she's still getting lots of her nutritional needs from her bottles. Is she still taking them or refusing them too?

Could be teething - sometimes their gums hurt when eating/swallowing but she might not be in noticeably bad form from it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Having the same struggle with my little lady at the mo! If I try and feed her, she'll quite often refuse. I have to try and distract her and she'll eat a bit then. At lunchtime now I'm just giving her finger foods - bread, cheese, ham etc... and a sippy cup of milk. She does really well with this. I still give her a homemade meal at tea time and she still has 3 bottles a day too.

Its around this age that they start to get a little bit independant so she may want to control what she eats. Try her with finger foods and see how she does.

I've actually found this really hard as I liked feeding her and knowing that she'd eaten enough and that was that! This way I'm kinda having to let her be the judge and I always feel like she should be eating more. But she's always in great form, she's not losing weight and she still does monster poops so I guess there must be something going in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bp1

Hi There,
    Thanks for the reply, it has been going on approximately two weeks, she still takes her bottles as normal.I put it down to her gums/teeth also,but the fact that it is two weeks later and still it seems to but going on has me worried!
    Like crazy cat lady i to have to distract her and come up with the oddest games and distractions just to get her to eat, if i give her the spoon i can kinda get the food inbewteen each mouth opening,but she sometimes just spits it out. it becomes a game to her. finger food i have tried also.again she has nibble nibble and it ends up on the floor.I have also tried giving her her meals at different times just to see if she will eat if she is "really" hunger,it still ends up the same game.
    she is in great form doing this,it is not a crying session by any means just frustrating for me. she just used to eat so much !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I've heard that this can happen a lot coming up to and around the 1st birthday they can become quite picky eaters all of a sudden. My little man goes through phases of devouring everything one week to refusing everything the next:rolleyes:

Advertisement