Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abusing AIB staff

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Caoimhín wrote: »
    When I got to the counter I joked with her that he must have been a looney but she told me that it is happening everyday.
    Well it is. This is what happens after mass-media hysteria, lack of clarity, telling public that they "own the bank" (which is not true), haters posting crap on boards.ie etc. etc. Who's gonna get the hit?

*Answer: No, it will not be Managing Director or any of his executive directors - it will be Sharon, Tom, Susan and Shane who struggle with their money and mortgages and bills and facing unemployment in the same way as majority of hard working people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I tried to shout my objections to the bonus culture when I was last doing my banking but the site didn't have a enter rant here button so I had to settle for entering my transfer reference in uppercase.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I was just in the bank today, paying a few bills and while waiting in the queue I saw a fairly well dressed guy abusing the teller behing the counter. He was almost screaming at her about bonuses and that he, as a taxpayer, paid her wages. The poor girl was almost in tears.

When I got to the counter I joked with her that he must have been a looney but she told me that it is happening everyday.

I have no love of the banks and im just as annoyed at the carry on of the bank executives as anyone, but abusing the staff at the desk is just obnoxious. These tellers and desk staff arent on much more than the average industrial wage and all their jobs are now under threat. Same goes for abusing the staff behind the counter in the social welfare office, its just fecking nasty.

Meh, just had to get that off my chest, but does anyone seriously think that the staff behind the counter are to blame for the banks reckless lending?

Its the same story everywhere, self-righteous customers belittle and insult the people on minimum wage (or close to) because they're the ones the see face to face. It happens to cashiers in supermarkets and it happens to waiters in restaurants. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Its not all about bonuses....

In 2009, at a time when the taxpayer was bailing out the banks, a general salary increase of approx. 5% was paid to staff up to Manager level in AIB, according to this Dail reply...

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2010/12/01/00096.asp

Every cent paid to these *anker bankers is adding to our National debt.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Naikon wrote: »
    Otherwise, you are the fool. "Hell is other people" as Jean-Paul Charles Aymard Sartre would have said.

As opposed to that other famous Jean-Paul Fergal O'Toole Sartre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I was just in the bank today, paying a few bills and while waiting in the queue I saw a fairly well dressed guy abusing the teller behing the counter. He was almost screaming at her about bonuses and that he, as a taxpayer, paid her wages. The poor girl was almost in tears.

I have no love of the banks and im just as annoyed at the carry on of the bank executives as anyone, but abusing the staff at the desk is just obnoxious. These tellers and desk staff arent on much more than the average industrial wage and all their jobs are now under threat. Same goes for abusing the staff behind the counter in the social welfare office, its just fecking nasty.

Meh, just had to get that off my chest, but does anyone seriously think that the staff behind the counter are to blame for the banks reckless lending?

C, People that do things like that have no functioning Brain.

They probably were pretty fcuking sh1t at connecting the dots when they were children too.

I hate banks, but that girl is not one of the problems, she earns probably no more than 450 a week, she is the very lower level of the financial institutions.

Personally, he is a coward and probably wouldnt do it to a man behind the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

snyper wrote: »
    C, People that do things like that have no functioning Brain.

They probably were pretty fcuking sh1t at connecting the dots when they were children too.

Ah now Snyper, dont be so unfair. Seriously, the screening for autism is very sophisticated now. Poor *cough,ards* cant help themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Ah now Snyper, dont be so unfair. Seriously, the screening for autism is very sophisticated now. Poor *cough,ards* cant help themselves

While I agree with all your points in the OP, you have a poor grasp of what autism is.

Giselle wrote: »
    While I agree with all your points in the OP, you have a poor grasp of what autism is.

Point taken, sorry for any offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's the same in any large company, if you ever have a complaint to make always ask for the manager. Complaining to the front line staff in a retail store is a waste of time, more often than not the poor employee will agree with you but not be able to do anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Naikon wrote: »
    It's an admission of a fact. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Actually, it is completely incorrect. But hey, if you want to live in a dream world believing this BS, go right ahead...

I would have told him where to go - it's one of my pet hates when people lose their cool for no reason.

One day I was trying to cross the road and this lady driving a car was letting people cross - it wasn't at a red light and the guy behind her was beeping the horn, effin' and blinding and roaring and pointing so when he drove by me I asked him, very nonchalantly why he was beeping. Cue him roaring at me telling me that he was driving, that I was a c*nt and everything under the sun. I just smiled and said, "calm down". His girlfriend had to stop him from getting out of the car.

What makes it worse was that he had a learner plate in his windscreen. Some people should never, ever, ever, ever be allowed to drive. In fact, some people should never ever ever be allowed out of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Nolanger wrote: »
    No, but I bet some of the older woman working at the counters are married to some of the big shots in AIB?
    Not anyone I know of.

If they are "big shots" they probably don't need to send their wives out working.

Cue feminist backlash, but you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Yeah and the same prick if he walked past drumm or fitzpatick in the street prob wouldn't say boo.

That stuff makes me angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Its not all about bonuses....

In 2009, at a time when the taxpayer was bailing out the banks, a general salary increase of approx. 5% was paid to staff up to Manager level in AIB, according to this Dail reply...

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2010/12/01/00096.asp

Every cent paid to these *anker bankers is adding to our National debt.

:mad:

No it wasn't. If you're going to lie, please don't do it so obviously by including a link showing that you are lying. Even the content of that link is old news, and just more political BS trying to vent up a storm over nothing.

By the way, I think you have to be the funniest person in Ireland. Nobody has ever concluded that "wanker" rhymes with "banker" before. You are an absolute genius and a legendary comedian for coming up with it.

• Advertisement

sollar wrote: »
    Yeah and the same prick if he walked past drumm or fitzpatick in the street prob wouldn't say boo.

That stuff makes me angry.

Very true.

Still, when I see that (and the bollix of the past 10 years), I seriously wonder if the Irish are actually fit to govern themselves.

Without going on a full rant ;), it is this kind of immature, parochial, self obsessed nonsense that has lead us here.

Just look at the Dutch or the Germans, there is no bloody way you would throw rubbish onto the street in Berlin, the Hague or Geneva without ending up with a nasty fine.

Edit;

To make my point, we Irish seem to have an issue with the county council?/IMF/Dublin or have a mindset that allows us to blame the nasty Crown forces

Seriously, as a forester managing many of the east coast forests, i am utterly be wildered at the amount of trash that is thrown in some of out most beautiful places.

No wonder we are known as the "dirty Irish" right across Europe.

Having seen the results of someone dumpin dirty nappies and condoms in the forest parks and town greens I, as a normal, ordinary chap would vote for a "Strong Leader" who would fix this for us.

And that, children, is where things went astray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Typical Irish response that prick had alright, picking on the soft target. Picking on a person who is as innocent as the rest of us, for the shyte that happened. The stupid chicken sh1t prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Why doesn't that dickhead wait outside a big posh D4 house where most
    bankers live give the higher up people abuse there the ones who made this mess
    not a poor Cashier girl just trying to earn
    a living :mad:

Typical Irish response that prick had alright, picking on the soft target. Picking on a person who is as innocent as the rest of us, for the shyte that happened. The stupid chicken sh1t prick!

Emmmm, mkay....

Eh, if you want to talk about it, we have a little group going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Oh I read that all right, i just hope he isnt studying something that will give him some position of responsibility.
    I'm stuggling to see the relationship between disdain for would-be thieves and ineptitude in a position of power.

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I'm stuggling to see the relationship between disdain for would-be thieves and ineptitude in a position of power.

Well then....

I struggled too, but through elimination of the obvious nonsense and the deterioration of a free thinking idiot i have found myself free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

swingking wrote: »
    It's the government who are benefitting from this. They are probably delighted that people are turning their anger towards the banks and not at them.

I know the Government is to blame for the snow and everything else, but this is just some jumped up eejit. He probably had the same attitude to Public Servants during the good times. These types always existed, the banks or FF are irrelevant.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Blaming people who have no power to change anything

Goes on everywhere in Ireland.
    People go for a meal or for a drink and rant at the person on minimum wage about rip off Ireland!
    And what response exactly are you expecting?

Advertisement