Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break in questions

Options
  • 20-12-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hello All. First post in this forum.

I've got a new Traxxas T-Maxx TRX 3.3

I plan on following the break in procedure to the letter but I have a few questions about it.

I see that there are special considerations for a cold climate break in. Is the current weather too cold? (hovering below zero for most of the day). Is aluminium foil a good solution to bring up the heat in the head? Do I need to heat it first with a hair dryer for the first firing?

Also, my garden would normally be big enough to muck about with it (.75 acres) but the lawn is covered with frost. Is it okay to run it on this surface?

Lastly, are there any sites listing good places to go and run these machines (carparks etc)?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Put a sock around the head for the first 2 tanks. Pre heat the engine for the first 2 tank fulls as well. The servo's on them are water proof so you will have no bther running in the frosty grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

3 inches of snow now :(. Abort.

E39MSport wrote: »
    3 inches of snow now :(. Abort.
    Yeah don't bother because the snow will put a bit of load on your new engine which won't be a good thing, but when its broke in you can go on the snow no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

plastic + cold = carnage

:D

How did you get on? Did you get frustrated and burn it?

• Advertisement

Sorry for the late response. Actually, was planning on finally getting to it today but didn't manage. Weather is a lot better. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Did you get it running?

I did. Had to play with it for hours to get it to run constantly though.

I put in a hotter glower which necessitated me knocking up a new connector because the stock one was lose on the new plug.

Had to crank the high speed tuner about a quarter turn also to get it running in the cold weather.

Managed to run it for a full tank after that. Will do the remainder this weekend weather permitting.

Some yoke to go - can't wait to get it running at full tilt.

Advertisement