Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin post codes

Options
  • 20-12-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi .I have noticed some post code signs over the regular Dublin city street signs .I think they were put there by Garmin. Does anyone know if they plan to do this for every street ?

Is this going to be the official code ,or will we end up with an unofficial and official code .....

how do I find out my code ?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

You can get your code here.

http://www.myloc8ion.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 grumpybore

Great ,Thanks ..............so will we be asked to put this on our mail from here on in ..........or is it just a gimmick ?

I wonder if it will work on all sat-navs ?

Hey I reckon it will p**s off a lot of people in D4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

grumpybore wrote: »
    Great ,Thanks ..............so will we be asked to put this on our mail from here on in ..........or is it just a gimmick ?

I wonder if it will work on all sat-navs ?

Hey I reckon it will p**s off a lot of people in D4

It's just a gimmick, it's a closed, proprietary system and in no way official. The signs are just ads for Garmin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Spear wrote: »
    It's just a gimmick, it's a closed, proprietary system and in no way official. The signs are just ads for Garmin.

and they are probably illegal, not sanctioned by DCC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 grumpybore

and they are probably illegal, not sanctioned by DCC?

I see the Ordanace Survey and Enterprise Ireland are both involved ....surely that makes it "official" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

They were a juvenile 'guerrilla marketing' ploy by Garmin. Rightly DCC told them to take them down asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

blue4ever wrote: »
    They were a juvenile 'guerrilla marketing' ploy by Garmin. Rightly DCC told them to take them down asap

And no doubt Garmin will take them down at their own leisure and DCC won't issue any proceedings or sanctions against them. Usual sh*te :rolleyes:

Fail anyway, UK system serves over 50million people and a much larger country and they have 6 digits. Their postcodes make sense at that!

Advertisement