Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Network can i use in the USA with my current mobile (full time)

Options
  • 20-12-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Which networks can i use my current HTC desire on in the USA. I am moving there for a year or so and will probably get a contract. From what I can glean i can make calls and texts on all networks but I need data capability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Change the title of the thread from sue to use.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Change the title of the thread from sue to use.:)

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

In terms of GSM networks your somewhat restricted, you need a particular frequency band (which im pretty sure the Desire doesnt have) for T-Mobile, Verizon is the best network for data from what i hear but theyre CDMA, so your only option really is AT&T

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

According to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Desire

there are three different models of the HTC Desire. The one sold in Europe only supports 900/2100 MHz for 3G, so it will not work on any network in the US at 3G speeds. It will work with both AT&T and T-Mobile on 2G.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Hmm i always thought the Desire was tri band on 3G! :p

good to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

T mobile works, using it to post this on my desire

Advertisement