Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coopers Pale Ale

• 20-12-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Any one know where I could pick up some of this lurverly stuff? Preferably around the Louth, Cavan or Monaghan area.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The distributor is C&R. Ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Yeah, been down that road. Emailed them - got no reply. Phoned them - dozy bo****ks didn't know they sold it and couldn't help - hence boards is my last resort!

Shame Superquinn is gone from Dundalk: they'd probably have had it.

You could always get it delivered from DrinkStore.

Thanks. Drinkstore looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Try your local independent off licence it does turn up often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Molloys off licence has it but were no where near you we get it from both World beers and Porterhouse, might be worth calling those guys.

Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

A friend was in The Lilac offo in Fairview on Thurs looking for some ofnthis and they said the distributors wont be bringing any in for the next month maybe longer.
    Im not mad on their Pale Ale anyway, I do really enjoy te Sparkling Ale though

Barry & Fitzwilliam will be distributing Coopers from now on, at least thats what their rep told me last Monday morning. They will be doing the Fullers range and a few others too. It will probably be back on shop shelves soon enough.

Ah right, the stuff Ive had from the fullers range has been good, sounds good

• Advertisement

theres still plenty of it in the country
    world beers do it but due to recent problems wont be delivering for the next while.
    C and r do it so do porterhouse and quite a few others so I wouldnt panic just yet. I have a few cases there just in case ;)

@Molloys: You don't happen to have any Sierran Nevada Hoptimum? I have a feeling this one will be the one that got away.
    Also, do you know if it would be possible to get some beer by the Purple Moose Brewery, Porthmadog, North Wales? I had the pleasure of spending 3 months working in North Wales and this was by far the best beer I had. Cheers

Any opinions on Coopers Stout or Vintage Ales, I havnt tried them but have always been tempted?

Ill have a look for the purple moose brewery as for the sierra i only do the two the ipa and torpedo.

Now a few answers for you.
    The Hoptimum was a limited release with very little brought into Ireland none of which is available now.
    and the Purple Moose brewery is a no no too Im afraid no one seems to know anything about it.
    Perhaps Beernut may be more helpful I seen he has mentioned them in his blog.

and the Purple Moon brewery is a no no too Im afraid no one seems to know anything about it.
    Purple Moose. Their stuff isn't exported here, though has shown up at the Hilden festival in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I was in North Wales 2 weeks ago and anybody in the know raved about Purple Moose. Alas, it was nowhere to be seen in Offie's so I settled for Conwy instead.

Maybe with the interest someone might pick up on it.
    Ill have a chat with a few guys I know and see what they think.

Many spars where carrying it while i was there, it really is very good beer.
    I visited the brewery as I happened to be going nearby, they literally showed me everything right down to there recipes, really sound people.

The Lilac Offlicence seem certain they'll be gettin in no more Coopers, again, according to a mate, maybe they don't get supplied by Barry and Fitzwilliam, I may have to go in and give them a good kick up the arse!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lavelle72

Can't beat a good Coopers green...haven't been back much for a number of years - can it be got in off-licences or no? Around Cork ideally

Coopers%20web2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Most Tescos have seem to have it - in Dublin at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

The hoptimum is still in the fridge at Against the Grain as of last night if you want to get a bottle of gig. Molloy's on Francis also had it a few weeks ago. Was tasty.

Advertisement