Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any albums with synths as good as 'the fat of the land'

Options
  • 20-12-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

hi, i was listening to the fat of the land' again the other day & the tones & synth sounds still blow me away.

i love the sub bass frequencys & raw tones that you can actually feel physically....

ive been looking for any albums with quality ****ed up synth sounds and non generic sounds but to no avail....a friend reccomended noisa but i didnt hear anything that blew me away....

any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Honestly I think their in a league of their own, but you should check out Splitloop:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Appollo 440 are of a similar vintage, in fact check out more of the mid 1990s "BigBeat" UK bands. Most of them were using analog synths and samplers, lots of samplers all going through a big analog 24 track desk. Appollo 440 also used budget gear like the Yamaha DJX and SU10 as their secret weapons as well as all the usual classic synths from the 80s.

Liam from The Prodigy used to officially endorse the Korg Prophecy mid 1990s as well as make most of his beats on a Roland W30.
    fm03.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Standman wrote: »
    Honestly I think their in a league of their own, but you should check out Splitloop:

How are they getting those bass sounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Anything by Ed Rush & Optical...They're some of the best guys for seriously twisted bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

thanks for all the recommendations....appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement