Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shotgun Shells/Competition/What Price

• 20-12-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Shotgun ammo jumped in price some while ago. I had stocked up at a good price and now in the market again.
    Anybody know about current prices or any good value out there ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I only use Eley so thats all the prices i can give.

Eley Olympic - 1,000 - €168
    Eley Superb - 1,000 - €210

I'm sure there is a discount for large bulk orders, but i never buy more than 2,000 ata time so couldn't tell you what that is.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I usually shoot Eley Olympics but only buy em as I need em and pay
    €5 a box.

I only have 100 on my license so have never looked for a bulk price.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

ezridax wrote: »
    I only use Eley so thats all the prices i can give.

Eley Olympic - 1,000 - €168
    Eley Superb - 1,000 - €210

I'm sure there is a discount for large bulk orders, but i never buy more than 2,000 ata time so couldn't tell you what that is.

Thanks for that. My max would be 2000 also. Olympic are good value it seems. I know the Suberp are really quality but is there that much of a difference between them, nearly 25% in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Fiocchi 8's for €45 a carton (250) Eley olympics €50 a carton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

Hull pro ones - 200/1000
    Hull pro one DTL300 - 210/1000
    RC3 - 210/1000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

also use the eley olympics, mulvihills in ballymahon 45euro per 250 or 170 per 1000, find them great shell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raff e30

does any one have any experience with Diana 28g 7 1\2 clay shooting
    iv used them for a while now and find them alri for €42 per 250
    used elley once and didnt find much of a difference and theyr around €55

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

SARZY wrote: »
    ........ I know the Suberp are really quality but is there that much of a difference between them, nearly 25% in price.

I think so. The Olympic hit and break, and 50& of the time you get dust, but the Superb seem to dust everytime indicating a much stronger and cleaner hit. After saying that i use the Olympic mostly for practice and the Superb for comps. As you said a bit too dear to be firing down the line for a bit of "fun".
    DJandDeid wrote: »
    Fiocchi 8's for €45 a carton (250) Eley olympics €50 a carton
    raff e30 wrote: »

Lads that a high price to be paying for Olympic. Also if you raff e30 are paying €55 for Eley make sure you are getting the Superb. If you are paying that for Olympic find another dealer. If they are the Superb then i'm surprised you see no difference to the Diana. I've used the Diana both with 28g 7.5s for clays, and 34g 5s for game. A decent cartridge by all means and their clay shell would equal the Olympic for performance, but as the price is the same i'll stick to my Eley.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I've used Dianas for shooting clays - no problems with them.

Only thing I ever noticed with the Dianas (and it was rare) is that the Rim on the cartridge is ever so slightly smaller than most others (you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it) on some semis or pump actions the extractor can't grab is so it doesn't eject.

If you're not feeding a semi or pump they are fine cartridge.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Bananaman wrote: »
    I've used Dianas for shooting clays - no problems with them.

Only thing I ever noticed with the Dianas (and it was rare) is that the Rim on the cartridge is ever so slightly smaller than most others (you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it) on some semis or pump actions the extractor can't grab is so it doesn't eject.

If you're not feeding a semi or pump they are fine cartridge.

B'Man

Got some Dianas, €45. Tried them and they are well capable of breaking clays. Thanks for all the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Devil in disguise.

can you still get the diana for E42 per 250

9's 24g

be interested in buying 4 thousand, what would the price be or could you find out for me??

Advertisement