Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streets of Wicklow 5k race, 9TH JAN**

• 20-12-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭

Its great to see the return of the Streets of Wicklow 5k road race on Stephens Day. sowposter.jpg

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Athmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    100%
    Timmaay 1 vote
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

Great too see this back. great bunch of lads who promote this:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

4 stars (good)
    And its postponed till the 9th of Jan! Wicklow town has been hit very bad by the snow and the lads had no other choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Does anyone know if you can enter on the day for this? How much is it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

You can enter on the day - not sure of the cost, it's usually reasonable though.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    You can enter on the day - not sure of the cost, it's usually reasonable though.

Oh great. Thanks.

Must tell my Club about it. Not sure many people know it's on.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Entry is only 10euros!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

The prize money seems pretty good (well, at least it was in 2008) for a 5k??

See - http://www.runireland.com/events/streets-wicklow-5k

Anyone know if its still the same???

4 stars (good)
    The prize money seems pretty good (well, at least it was in 2008) for a 5k??

See - http://www.runireland.com/events/streets-wicklow-5k

Anyone know if its still the same???

Hmm I'm not actually sure, but to be honest I can't see it being as good this year, We lost our main sponsor last year, and this years race is more organised as a charity race for the Wicklow Rugby club, and the local running club in Wicklow town, Inbhear dee AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Does anyone have an idea of expected numbers for this race??? Dont really wanna pop down if its going to be just me and the local running team!! :p

should be north of 100 maybe 150 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭My Thoughts

Anyone know what time registration is? Might make this yet!

Presume around 11 and you'd be fine. Not 100% sure though.......

I'm heading on now.

Lovely morning for it. See you at the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭My Thoughts

Nice race - enjoyed it, well organised, found the hill a little tough going but finished up in ~23 anyway. Well done to the organisers and participants! It was great to see the kids run at the beginning also, would love to see more of that and try and get my kids into it...

It was a great race, good turn out, well organised, really friendly! I came second in my category! Won a t-shirt - woo hoo!!! :D Delighted with meself!

Ditto, well done Inbhear Dee and Wicklow RFC, love local races when I'm still in the house 60mins before the start. Race report here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69968805&postcount=725

4 stars (good)
    I always enjoy this race, Partly because its my local race, but also because I find it an interesting course, lots of twists and turns and a hill in the middle. Your always thinking about the course, so not just focusing on the pain ha! Also, we were so blessed with the weather today, sun the whole way and barely any wind, I ran in just a singlet, dispite it being a frosty jan morning! and I'm usually a cold blooded creature and normally wrap up well the whole time running.

But yeh, the numbers were well down on previous years, but at least we got the race back on the calendar this year, lets hope the weather doesn't let us down next Stephens day and it will be bigger and better then before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sounds great. Any link to results?

Sounds great. Any link to results?

No sign of them on http://www.athleticswicklow.com/ yet.

I presume that's where they'll be posted, unless anyone around here has a sneak preview. ;)

Advertisement