Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some of the save game locations are listed here, although it has not been updated in quite a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Any Steam games with the Steam cloud support will have a copy of your saves backed up online, so even if you forget you still have the save from Steam itself. Mind you, it's only on a minority of games

EDIT: 14 games bought so far on the sale, with a grand total of 28 euro. Think I'm doing myself proud on this one. I don't even want to remember how much I spent last year!

I should give you my money to buy my games, I fail. I'm past 250 ...and no way I got 1:2euro like you did.

Fingers crossed for some epic ones today !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

New deals up. Will finally play Crysis (Maximum Edition for a fiver). I very nearly bought it for €15 in GAME last week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

picked up
    cysis for 3.74
    sim city 4 for 4.99 only 2.50 today pissed about that
    TCGR2 for 2.50

3 great games for 11.73 got to love steam sales

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I got -

section 8 - €2
    global agenda - €6

Pretty sweet deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Whats the story with the ARMA standalone expac? I got ARMA II a few days ago. (Regrettably divorced from my pc at the moment so haven't so much as seen the Main Menu yet. :( )
    Are the other expacs any use, I see they're $6...

Mainly thinking of single player.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nevore wrote: »
    Whats the story with the ARMA standalone expac? I got ARMA II a few days ago. (Regrettably divorced from my pc at the moment so haven't so much as seen the Main Menu yet. :( )

Operation Arrowhead is great, really improves the game. Has a pretty decent campaign ( not that I've played much of it) and some good scenarios. British Armed forces also adds a fair bit of content. Again I haven't played much of the single player, but it comes with a campaign and some scenarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nevore wrote: »

Combined ops is Arma2 and Arrowhead together. When Arrowhead got released all the servers dropped Arma2. Combined ops is all thats played on servers online. Mods are made to suit combined ops so its best to have both games. Combined ops runs Arma2 content in Arrowhead as a mod.

The BAF dlc is very good and well worth getting, has some very good weaponry and toys and nice scenarios in it, get that and leave the other PMC one which isn't as good. Even if You don't buy the dlc's, You can still play missions with BAF and PMC content, You'll just see them in lower textures as they released the stuff in low texture in the patches

Check out the tactical shooters forum. Although You say You want to play singleplayer, We host the best and most used mods and maps on our server and give an easy way of downloading and updating them.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056117127

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Cheers gents. Knowledgeable as ever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

When I look at the system req for Crysis and look at my own spec, I want to cry :( :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

I hope the Steam sale ends soon, my credit card and hard drive can't take much more of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Im going to buy SimCity 4 even though I have it on CD already - its great value, and I still play it now and then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got mount and blade complete for 7.49.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Sweet, Dirt 2 is there for €2.50 :D missed that twice over the last year so definally getting it now!

Wtf - After going up to €5 now. God damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has anyone played King's Bounty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Wtf - After going up to €5 now. God damn.
    That's after happening with a few games apparently over the course of the sale. I don't know if they got the price wrong initially, or if they deliberately change the price if demand is too high?? Seems a bit cack that the daily deal lasts only 2 of the 24 hours :mad:

On the subject of pricing, for once, the euro zoners finally get something cheaper on Steam than the UK! Crysis Max Edition is €5, but over £6?! Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

ShaneU wrote: »
    Has anyone played King's Bounty?

Its a strategy/rpg like game. Like a cross between Fantasy Wars & Battlechess. You trot around a cartoony map & talk to villagers who give you quests. Bad guys roam about you either try to avoid them or fight. When you fight them you go into this grid like map & fight them there in a turn based combat.

Its good for a giggle. Its a game I would play more often if the start up didn't take so long. I'm not sure about the newer versions of it but I could never drop the window back to the desktop when I was playing it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played Kings Bounty for a while. Decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone here know if Dirt 2 is playable with a tightly cramped keyboard? Burnout Paradise works just fine, but something tells me a rally game would be a different kettle of fish. With regards to the Arma pack, my advice is for folksto keep an eye on Bohemia Interactive's own webshop during the thanks giving sale Arma Combined Ops was on sale through Sprocket for a measly €9 something. Steam is great, but I say this to everyone, keep an eye on other gaming distribution sites too. You can get some games cheaper at other sources (e.g direct2drive, EA, gamersgate, sprocket, etc. etc.) than you can get them on steam.
    Also with regards to Arma for the fourth time this year I am at pondering the decision as to whether I should buy OA on sale or whether I should first wait until I have the actual specs to play the beast of a game. Be warned, it is not nice on your CPU and GPU. Even if you think you have the recommended requirements you could be in for a nasty shock.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Personally for keyboard and DiRT 2 I'd say yes. GRID was awful on keyboard, but Dirt 2's slides makes for less knee jerk turning than GRID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I found our download region very slow in the last 24 hours, never goes over 120kb/s. Switched to London and im now getting a solid 1mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is the crysis pack worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've picked up a few games over the course of the sale so far.
    X3 Reunion,
    Crysis collection
    Doom Collection
    Ghost Recon 1 + 2

Total price about 26 Euro :D

Of course it is! Even if you don't like the single player experience, the multiplayer Crysis Wars is a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Been away for a few days there and was wondering if anyone can tell me if Elder Scrolls: Oblivion has been on sale since Christmas Day? Really wanna pick it up on the cheap and give it a whirl.Thanks.
    Just bought the 2 Crysis games, even though I already own them on disc. Love those games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been away for a few days there and was wondering if anyone can tell me if Elder Scrolls: Oblivion has been on sale since Christmas Day? Really wanna pick it up on the cheap and give it a whirl.Thanks.
    Just bought the 2 Crysis games, even though I already own them on disc. Love those games.

No sign of Oblivion so far. Will hopefully pop up later though, as i wouldnt mind picking up the GOTY version on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Absolutely. I really enjoyed it when it first came out. Warhead is pretty much more of the same though I found it very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

No sale update today then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yeah it's up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Only one that i dont own that catches my eye is Amnesia does anybody own this or have any opinions

Dead space is great value for the price , scary game !!!

Advertisement