Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Malty_T wrote: »
    Anyone here know if Dirt 2 is playable with a tightly cramped keyboard? Burnout Paradise works just fine, but something tells me a rally game would be a different kettle of fish. With regards to the Arma pack, my advice is for folksto keep an eye on Bohemia Interactive's own webshop during the thanks giving sale Arma Combined Ops was on sale through Sprocket for a measly €9 something. Steam is great, but I say this to everyone, keep an eye on other gaming distribution sites too. You can get some games cheaper at other sources (e.g direct2drive, EA, gamersgate, sprocket, etc. etc.) than you can get them on steam.
    Also with regards to Arma for the fourth time this year I am at pondering the decision as to whether I should buy OA on sale or whether I should first wait until I have the actual specs to play the beast of a game. Be warned, it is not nice on your CPU and GPU. Even if you think you have the recommended requirements you could be in for a nasty shock.
    I've needed an excuse to upgrade a few choice components for a while now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Only one that i dont own that catches my eye is Amnesia does anybody own this or have any opinions

Dead space is great value for the price , scary game !!!

Amnesia is a big contender for my game of the year and one of the best Horror games I've played to date. Definitely worth that price.

Trying to decide on the sniper game myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't want to play Amnesia, I'd spend more on replacement underwear than the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

No sale update today then ?

50% Off all Brother in Arms Games.
    60% Off Plant vs Zombies GOTY Edition - €4. (Get it! If you don't already have it.)
    66% Off Amnesia : The Dark Descent - €5.10.
    75% Off Greed Corp - €2.50
    75% Off Hearts of Iron 3 Complete - €14.10.
    75% Off City of Heroes Going Rogue Collection - €7.50.
    66% Off Dead Space - €5.10
    75% Off Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days - €4.99.
    66% Off The Quake Collection - €10.20.
    75% Off Snipe Ghost Warrior - €7.50 (Avoid!!)
    75% Off The Ball - €4.49.
    75% Off Swords and Soldiers HD - €2.50 (I personally love this)

Indie Deal : 75% Off Archon Classic - €2.50.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Amnesia and Dead Space for me. I better stock up on underwear as well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Amnesia is a big contender for my game of the year and one of the best Horror games I've played to date. Definitely worth that price.

Trying to decide on the sniper game myself.
    a friend of mine has the sniper game , he says its grand to pass a few hours but dont expect a blazing fast shooting game , its slower but decent he said, prob worth it for that price.

Anyone here know anything about Greed Corp? I hadn't heard of it until now, but it's reviews looks fairly good and for the price it sure is grabbing my eye.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still have 50 euro on 3v card.........hmmm what to buy....what to buy.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

BIA: Earned in Blood €2.50 willpick this up as I played the other 2 & enjoyed them

BIA: Hells Highway was good but I finished it really quickly & that squad in the game I would have turned my Tommy Gun on them after a week.

For anyone into WWII Grand Stategy Games HOI3 is the Mother&Daddy of them all it has a massive learning curve if you're not familiar with the previous 2 games. But all the historical events & people are there for history buffs & if you get a free user mod from the Paradox Interactive Forums it adds more Tech & units to the game. If you do decide to buy it my advice to you is start off as the USA first time around just to get used to the economy (plus you won't enter the war til late)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would love to try hearts of iron but I think the learning curve is to big for me :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Think I might go for Dead Space. Am I right in thinking that it's more action orientated rather than puzzles and exploration á la other horror games?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I just bought everything on sale today....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you're a very naughty girl, now go to your room!
    oh wait!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Think I might go for Dead Space. Am I right in thinking that it's more action orientated rather than puzzles and exploration á la other horror games?

Think of it like a 3rd person Doom3 with a lot of melee based combat. The levels are fairly linear and you can always use the navigation tool to plot your way through it. It's still good fun tho and has a good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got plants vs zombies, nothing else there floating my boat.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

5uspect wrote: »
    Think of it like a 3rd person Doom3 with a lot of melee based combat. The levels are fairly linear and you can always use the navigation tool to plot your way through it. It's still good fun tho and has a good atmosphere.

For me, it's Resi 4, more scary and in space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I'm sold! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Got Sim City 4, great game :D

Also got Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific for €15 and I'm less then impressed.

Ah. I never played the Resi series what with not having a PlayStation and all.

Ah. I never played the Resi series what with not having a PlayStation and all.

FFS! The best resi game was released on the Gamecube as an exclusive that practically no one actually bought.:mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah I only remembered that after I posted. :o
    Wasn't it re-released on the Wii also? I may even remember a PC version.
    To me Resi was always a PlayStation thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

res 4 ended out on everything , it was fairly good tho.

Yeah basically it was cube exclusive that no one bought so Capcom had no choice but to release it across multi platforms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dead Space or Kane And Lynch Dog Days 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Dead Space or Kane And Lynch Dog Days 2?

Kane and Lynch 2 is terrible. I don't like Dead Space but lots disagree on me with that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

can someone tell me how this steam thing works, doesnt appear to be just a straight up download of the game to your drive? or am i wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Da GOAT wrote: »
    can someone tell me how this steam thing works, doesnt appear to be just a straight up download of the game to your drive? or am i wrong?

Yes it is, just install it and create a profile, it'll download and keep your games up to date. The beauty of Steam is that the games are tied to Your account, not your pc, meaning u can install it, login download and play your games on any pc in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Da GOAT wrote: »

Install Steam, Create an account, buy games, download through Steam.

Games are saved in Steam's folder and can be backed up. (game saves may reside elsewhere)

Got the brother in arms pack greed corp.still have 38euro on my 3v :O.Is recettear worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Got the brother in arms pack greed corp.still have 38euro on my 3v :O.Is recettear worth getting?

I'm really enjoying it anyway, I got it with one of those indie bundles there during the thanksgiving sales, I guess it would be worth the 7.50.

The best deal I got was the Complete Valve for 25 euro, still can't believe that price!

Advertisement