Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The best deal I got was the Complete Valve for 25 euro, still can't believe that price!

Wut!? When was this? Please don't say during the thanks giving sale.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Also got Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific for €15 and I'm less then impressed.

You'll even be more unimpressed when you hear it was only 9.99 earlier in the week :D

I picked up Amnesia for 3.99 and Sim City Deluxe for 2.50 yesterday.
    Not two min after I bought them they doubled in price.
    You really need to be quick when each days sale starts. They seem to set the price based on peoples interest in the first few min.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You'll even be more unimpressed when you hear it was only 9.99 earlier in the week :D

I picked up Amnesia for 3.99 and Sim City Deluxe for 2.50 yesterday.
    Not two min after I bought them they doubled in price.
    You really need to be quick when each days sale starts. They seem to set the price based on peoples interest in the first few min.

Well Sim City was €2.50 For Tuesday's sale. At 18:00 Yesterday it jumped back up to €4.99 which is its sale price until Jan 2nd. I'm pretty sure Amnesia was on offer Tuesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It seems like a really cheeky practice to change a sale price on something that proves popular. (assuming that's what is really happening)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It seems like a really cheeky practice to change a sale price on something that proves popular. (assuming that's what is really happening)

Limited stock :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Limited stock :pac:

Well there was one game last year that sold out. I think it was prey but I am not sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well there was one game last year that sold out. I think it was prey but I am not sure.

Yeah, they ran out of CD keys for FUEL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Nollog

Malty_T wrote: »

Day1 for about half an hour.
    Pricing mistake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i hope ruse gets reduced at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Malty_T wrote: »

Very first day of the Christmas sales for an hour or two, pretty sure it was a mistake with pricing, boy was I happy, surprised they honoured the price to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

i hope ruse gets reduced at some point!
    you wish has been granted. All be it at a price that I dont think is very competitive. can be gotten for under €15 off of amazon/adsa.

Elder Scrolls is up for 50% off. €9.99.
    Gonna grab it.

Anyone else find anything that they want in this bout of deals?

Oblivion is a tenner. I think people were talking about that a page or two back.

Nothing really catches my eye today, l4d2 and gta4 if I didn't already have them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Someone asked about Oblivion, its a tenner on todays deal.

No good deals today, already have both left4deads. Don't really like Gta4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just got EU3 for €6 - have I been had?:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GTAIV Complete for under 9 euro. And because I already own the base game I can't get it... I wanted the expansions only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Oooh tempted by STO offer. I played the demo and thought it was kinda okay. Anyone got any opinions? 7.50 for what I assume will also include a months play isn't a bad offer.

GTAIV Complete for under 9 euro. And because I already own the base game I can't get it... I wanted the expansions only :(
    It says that I already own GTA:IV Complete Edition in Steam, despite already/only owning GTA:IV only. Never bought the addon packs/DLC.
    Hmmm...

It says that I already own GTA:IV Complete Edition in Steam, despite already/only owning GTA:IV only. Never bought the addon packs/DLC.
    Hmmm...

Yeah, it's quite retarded

Yeah, it's quite retarded
    So, do I actually own the complete edition? Or what. not gonna bother downloading, installing just to see. Has anyone who only owns the base GTA4 game tried this to see if they also do indeed own the complete edition now?

were we upgraded from the base GTA4 game to the complete edition??

So, do I actually own the complete edition? Or what. not gonna bother downloading, installing just to see. Has anyone who only owns the base GTA4 game tried this to see if they also do indeed own the complete edition now?

were we upgraded from the base GTA4 game to the complete edition??

Says the same for me, fairly sure i dont have the exp packs.

Was gonna buyt it and gift the game to someone seems you cant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

got all this for 23 euro odd.

left 4 dead 2.
    GTA IV (completed on PS 3 but PC version is better to drop in and play).
    Oblivion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Email support. I hsd a similar issue last year and they were ablet o sort it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Gonna get GTA and maybe Elder Scrolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Oooh tempted by STO offer. I played the demo and thought it was kinda okay. Anyone got any opinions? 7.50 for what I assume will also include a months play isn't a bad offer.

7.50 s worth it. It's a prety fun game, i wasted more than a few hours on it. PVP is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Since no one has mentioned Transformers I assume it's just a pile of ass?

Hmmm...

Me too.
    I was told I do own both the expansions.
    No idea how as I bought it last year for 7.50 as "Grand Theft Auto IV (EU)".
    When I launch the game there's a choice of GTA4 or Episodes. I think you select episodes to play the two dlc's.
    I never tried though. I lost interest in the game tbh.

Away From Komputer with steam installed until Monday too so I can't check. :-\

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1637452
    Users on the forum say you have to buy the eflc there, or you can gift complete to yourself, losing gta4 for eflc.
    It's all so complicated...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get Singularity?worth getting?need to make my purchases worthwhile as I've only 38 euro left on my 3v :O.......gonna get left for dead 2 though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Mantel wrote: »

Reviews weren't bad, has a metascore of 75. just don't know if i'd pay 15 for it. probably wait till next year and get it for a fiver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Anyone get Singularity?worth getting?need to make my purchases worthwhile as I've only 38 euro left on my 3v :O.......gonna get left for dead 2 though I think.
    It's one I was watching, and by all accounts it's supposed to be a good game, but not sure if I'll take the risk for €15.

On the other hand, it's damn hard to find a physical retail copy of it... Decisions decisions. :confused:

• Advertisement

Mantel wrote: »

Not bad, some of the levels seem very samey tho.

Advertisement