Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's one I was watching, and by all accounts it's supposed to be a good game, but not sure if I'll take the risk for €15.

I dunno if I'll risk it either,I've only got 31 now left on my 3v card,have to make it last till sunday,just brought left for dead 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Transformers and Singularity are pretty alright games in my opinion. Bought them from D2D a few months ago. Dont regret purchasing them, but if pushed I would recommend Singularity above Transformers. If you've got €15 to spare and are looking for a shooter, singularity is a good good game, but certainly not the best shooter out here. Not too much replay value in Singularity. Although there is some replay value (albeit not that much) in Transformers.
    If deciding which one to go with I'd go with Singularity, deffo. It's worth €15 more so that Transformers (in my opinion), but if you're not willing to take a risk for that much money, I'd say leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

almost thought about getting Sniper but the reviews were evil.

Dead Space seemed a good buy. I remember I hated trying to get it to work on the PC because of controller lag, but **** it I'll give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Overheal wrote: »
    almost thought about getting Sniper but the reviews were evil.

Dead Space seemed a good buy. I remember I hated trying to get it to work on the PC because of controller lag, but **** it I'll give it another shot.
    That lag is caused by the V-sync. Turn off the V-sync and the game runs great on PC. Mouse/controller lag is gone, but the screen tearing appears instead. Not the worst trade off, but not ideal.

I think we tried to debug this a while ago, im pretty sure i couldnt get any fix to work.

edit: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055588409&highlight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've done really well from the Steam Sale, having picked up the following:

Bioshock 2
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Crysis Pack
    Defense Grid
    DIRT 2
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Just Cause 2
    Left for Dead 2
    Men of War Pack
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
    Wings of Prey
    Witcher

A nice tally of games that cost next to nothing. To think I had Steam installed for years and mostly ignored it... silly me.

Rush (It's fun)
    Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Simcity 4
    Section 8
    FEAR 1&2
    Deadspace
    Crysis Max. Ed.
    Red Faction Guerrilla

thats not including the stuff I got over the summer... these are the titles I got in their July sale and still havent played :/

AVP 2k
    Altitude
    Bioshock (I sorta did but not really)
    Bob Came in Pieces
    Borderlands
    Chronicles of Riddick complete (Kinda)
    DOOM pack
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Max Payne 1 & 2
    Metro 2033
    Real Myst (I did, but I suck)
    Riven
    STALKER Chernobyl
    Shatter
    Civ IV Complete
    Tropico 3
    The Witcher Enhanced

I think I have a problem :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

25 games bought this week. I own a quarter of them on disc.

Why? I really don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

GTAIV Complete for under 9 euro. And because I already own the base game I can't get it... I wanted the expansions only :(
    It says that I already own GTA:IV Complete Edition in Steam, despite already/only owning GTA:IV only. Never bought the addon packs/DLC.
    Hmmm...
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Says the same for me, fairly sure i dont have the exp packs.

Was gonna buyt it and gift the game to someone seems you cant.

I read on reddit that if you buy the game as a gift, but just enter your own email or whatever it will work (real forever alone moment though!)

You wont have a spare copy of GTA4 afaik, definitly wont be giftable

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

a fiver for L4D2 if you already owned the original..sweet :D
    bought it for the brother as he didn't have it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I dunno if I'll risk it either,I've only got 31 now left on my 3v card,have to make it last till sunday,just brought left for dead 2.

Cherry sells em. €3 apparently.

*runs real fast*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jumpy wrote: »
    Cherry sells em. €3 apparently.

*runs real fast*

Blah blah blah blah blah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was going to get GTA, but then i remembered how horribly optimised it is, and how badly it ran on my machine the last time i tried it. Has it improved much?

Also bought Oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Picked up NFS: Hot Pursuit Seemed a little dear but I've heard good things about it and haven't bought an NFS game in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »
    Was going to get GTA, but then i remembered how horribly optimised it is, and how badly it ran on my machine the last time i tried it. Has it improved much?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Tick tock, tick tock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Supreme Commander 2 for £2.49... Kind of tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just what I was waiting for. TF2 for a fiver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tempted by Supreme Commander 2 (€4.99), the Hitman collection (€7.49), and the Stalker bundle (€4.99).

Oh, and the Jedi Knight collection for €4.75.

Damn you Steam :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kiith wrote: »
    Tempted by Supreme Commander 2 (€4.99)

Ouch!
    I thought Steam had sorted out their wanky conversion rate???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i already have stalker :chernobyl but it crashed about 15 minutes in and I never went back to it. I'm something of a recent convert to rpgs, loved oblivion and me1/dragon age/fo3 ..do you reckon I'd like stalker enough to warrant purchasing pripyat now so I can playit later?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i already have stalker :chernobyl but it crashed about 15 minutes in and I never went back to it. I'm something of a recent convert to rpgs, loved oblivion and me1/dragon age/fo3 ..do you reckon I'd like stalker enough to warrant purchasing pripyat now so I can playit later?

based on your list there, absolutely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sweet
    just hope I can buy the two together for 4.99 even though I already own shadow of chernobyl

--edit

i can, but they wont give me an extra copy of shadow of chernobyl... cheap bastards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The STALKER bundle is very tempting, plus Red Alert 3 could be good for some hammy acting fun.

Thank **** theres nothing there thats interesting/already have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Already bought supreme commander 2 and team fortress 2 today and was tempted by command and conquer 4 but the pricing has annoyed me.:mad:

CnC 4 US $4.99, here €12.49

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is Team Fortress 2 worth getting? To be honest I'd never heard of it :eek: so don't know that much about it. Do folk still play online? I'd be playing random matches rather than with mates so is it worth it from that aspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Already own Civ IV complete (bought separately for a small fortune while sober)..I now no longer need to worry about the time I used Civ IV DVD as an ashtray - and all for €6.24. Happy New Year everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Is Team Fortress 2 worth getting? To be honest I'd never heard of it :eek: so don't know that much about it. Do folk still play online? I'd be playing random matches rather than with mates so is it worth it from that aspect?

i don't really play much online shooters as i bore very quickly with them, but i spent months playing this so i would heartily recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

I felt it had a very poor community on the 360, hard to find matches, but on the PC it has a bigger community. Great game though lots of brainless fun :P

Advertisement