Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is Team Fortress 2 worth getting? To be honest I'd never heard of it :eek: so don't know that much about it. Do folk still play online? I'd be playing random matches rather than with mates so is it worth it from that aspect?

It's huge on PC. One of the most popular games still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

sweet
    just hope I can buy the two together for 4.99 even though I already own shadow of chernobyl

--edit

i can, but they wont give me an extra copy of shadow of chernobyl... cheap bastards :D

Can you gift the other copy ?

If so I would hapily take it as a gift :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Can you gift the other copy ?

If so I would hapily take it as a gift :D

nah, they just wont give me the other copy of chernobyl at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

75% off of C&C games? EA have finally gone mad.
    and was tempted by command and conquer 4 but the pricing has annoyed me.:mad:

CnC 4 US $4.99, here €12.49

Bloody hell, first the Bad Company 2 price discrepancy, and now this? But damn, $5 is actually quite an accurate value for the game, guess I need to spam my US friends...

EDIT @ 19:11: Apparently the UK has it for £5 as well! God-damn it, why the **** are we getting ripped off...
    Is Team Fortress 2 worth getting? To be honest I'd never heard of it :eek: so don't know that much about it. Do folk still play online? I'd be playing random matches rather than with mates so is it worth it from that aspect?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Buy it and come play on UKCS. I promise not to randomly set you on fire for no reason :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Anyone own Far Cry 2? Got 85 meta score so Im very tempted. That and the star wars pack! Seems like great value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Where is Command and Conquer Generals?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Malty_T wrote: »
    Where is Command and Conquer Generals?:(

Only C&C3 onwards is on Steam. Kinda a little counter-intuitive given how they could sell RA2+YR and the Generals+ZH for cheap and make quite a bit as well as offering Steam downloads of Tib Dawn, RA1, and Tib Sun...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im not buying Pripyat just to have it, when i have barely even scratched chernobyl. The Jedi Knight collection might be a hoot though, i had a laugh with Jedi Academy many years back. But those other titles in the pack look even more dated :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hitman collection for €7.49. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Only C&C3 onwards is on Steam. Kinda a little counter-intuitive given how they could sell RA2+YR and the Generals+ZH for cheap and make quite a bit as well as offering Steam downloads of Tib Dawn, RA1, and Tib Sun...

Shucks. Yeah the Original Red Alerts and Generals + ZH would be perfect, not a big bang of the new C&C.:(

Do I really need to get flight control for my pc? Yeah the price, says I should. Excellent little game so it is.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Anyone own Far Cry 2? Got 85 meta score so Im very tempted. That and the star wars pack! Seems like great value for money.

Its just ok, annoyingly repetitive. I didn't ever bother to clear it, every battle felt all too samey and then You return 2 minutes later and the guys You just took out have spawned again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

R_H_C_P wrote: »

I was really disappointed with Far Cry 2. It looks great but it is VERY repetitive. I'm very patient when it comes to games but uninstalled this after a week or so, it's incredibly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Johner wrote: »
    Hitman collection for €7.49. :)

id get it if i knew the quick way for my windows 7 to play as a windows XP, any thoughts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cheers for that! Could have wasted some money there, went with Stalker bundle and TF2 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Hmm, might get Empire & Napoleon: Total war GOTY Edition, have been watching it for some time, any thoughts on the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Just got TF2 there. I have it for Xbox but it sucks how they don't update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fringe wrote: »

And the fact you have to use a controller and the fact that after about 2 months everyone pisses off to the latest game with "bangin graffix"

You've bought a great fps on the only platform a fps should be played on you shan't be disappointed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mite get the stars wars collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Which of the indie packs would be the best? Kind of want to get half of them but I'll try exercise some restraint and just get one, so which has the most bang for your 4.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fringe wrote: »
    They'd like to, but XBL is anal about how many MB of free DLC you are allowed to provide. And Valve doesnt like the thought of having to market an expansion pack for something PC users get for the same price.

• Advertisement

Ah come on surely someone's played Empire and Napoleon? Would like some opinions before I purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ah come on surely someone's played Empire and Napoleon? Would like some opinions before I purchase it.

I played the demo of Empire,didn't like it.Much prefer Medieval and Rome.

titan18 wrote: »
    I played the demo of Empire,didn't like it.Much prefer Medieval and Rome.

Thanks, I still might nab it however, as I already have Rome and quite like the looks of the gameplay (plus I am quite interested in pre-Independent American history, despite knowing very little about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Thanks, I still might nab it however, as I already have Rome and quite like the looks of the gameplay (plus I am quite interested in pre-Independent American history, despite knowing very little about it)
    Empire was a buggy mess, still is afaik. Napoleon saw a large improvement apparently though i didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have played empire and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a few bug and the AI is not particularly smart. in particular the map level ai(i.e. the one that builds city's and builds army) has no ambition and
    will never send an army across water to an island.

Combat is not as epic as the mass melee fights in medieval total war but is enjoyable with most of the fighting done at range using guns. All in all I probably put 100 hours + into the game and would recommend it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Last time I played it the a.i was crap,no naval invasions,very inconsistant but theres bound to be a mod for it,other than that I quite like it.

Are any of the mmo games worth getting?I've never actually played an mmo so would interested in getting into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Napoleon is fantastic, I prefer watching musket exchanges rather than melee so it was perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Napoleon is fantastic, I prefer watching musket exchanges rather than melee so it was perfect!

That's why I hated it.Guns are boring.Swords ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Each to their own I guess. :p
    'Forced' myself to buy Metro2033 there, now waiting on my new gfx card to arrive to play it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Overheal wrote: »
    They'd like to, but XBL is anal about how many MB of free DLC you are allowed to provide. And Valve doesnt like the thought of having to market an expansion pack for something PC users get for the same price.
    Valve doesn't seem too phased about charging for content as of late. Also they go along with the L4D DLC charge, granted those are separate maps so the segregation of players is minimal.

The least Valve could do is release some more bug fixes for TF2 360. Think Valve is glad for the MS scapegoat as they're probably just not arsed.

Advertisement