Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

playing metro 2033 and it is like STALKER but a linear version
    what card do you have that you can't play it as i have a 2 year old 4870?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dont think its that he cant play it but he wants to playit on max settings

I didnt check it on anything else, but on max it's sexy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Skerries wrote: »
    Two years ago that 4870 was top of range...they can still perform as well as any of the "budget" cards that one can buy these days.

Actually that reminds me, I need to update mine.

This steam sale is absolutely killing me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Dammit! I forgot all about the Steam sale this year and only now logging on and seeing what I missed. grrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

god's toy wrote: »
    Dammit! I forgot all about the Steam sale this year and only now logging on and seeing what I missed. grrr..
    Fear not - they repeat a lot of the bargains on the last day (tomorrow), so I've been told!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone at all recommend an mmo for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just checked my paypal.

I have spent €90 since the beginning of the sale :eek:.

I honestly thought i had spent less.

Going to bed after a few drinks and looking at the deals = click happy purchases ;):D.

I now have 121 games on Steam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Just checked my paypal.

I have spent €90 since the beginning of the sale :eek:.

I honestly thought i had spent less.

Going to bed after a few drinks and looking at the deals = click happy purchases ;):D.

I now have 121 games on Steam.

I got a 100 euo 3v voucher on xmas eve and now I only have 30 left :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

WoW?

Its the most popular and tbh the only one i ever suck with. Now is the best time to play it as the 1-60 content has all been updated.

I got a 100 euo 3v voucher on xmas eve and now I only have 30 left :-/

To be fair i got a lot of games for the €90.

Now to actually play them! :D

• Advertisement

An MMO i played for about 2 years back in 2007 was Lord of the Rings Online.

It is now "free-to-play".

Might be an option for you.

WoW?

Its the most popular and tbh the only one i ever suck with. Now is the best time to play it as the 1-60 content has all been updated.

What about final fantasy online?ever play that?I think thats onsale.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    It is now "free-to-play".

Might be an option for you.

oh very interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Skerries wrote: »
    Well I have a 4850 so I can play it, just wanted to get an immediate 'ohhhhhyeahbaaby' when turning the game on for the first time with a 5850. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

oh very interesting :)

It's only F2P to an extent.Thing it's basically up to lvl20 and the whole storyline is included afterwards.You can still go anywhere you want in it, I'd recommend it over WoW btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

What's Dirt2 like lads? To a guy who's never been that much into driving games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    What's Dirt2 like lads? To a guy who's never been that much into driving games.

Its a pretty good game that I spent way more time playing than I reckoned I would seeing as I got it free with my graphics card. The only negative is the way it tries to make rally drivers into "cool" surf/skateboarders type "dudes".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Venom wrote: »
    Its a pretty good game that I spent way more time playing than I reckoned I would seeing as I got it free with my graphics card. The only negative is the way it tries to make rally drivers into "cool" surf/skateboarders type "dudes".

QFT, the chatter between the drivers is awful douchebag rubbish. Fun racer tho, I particularity enjoyed mangling the cars in slow motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cataclysm is the expansion of the moment right now. I've seen peoplepick the game back upfrom Burning Crusade and swipe themselves a Collecters Ed. while they were at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I really don't understand the pricing on Steam. It's been long known that Eurozone gamers pay more than their British counterparts, but the difference in price is nowhere near consistent. For example, from yesterday's deals;

Jedi Knight Collection is €4.75 or £3.75. Fair enough I suppose.

Far Cry 2 on the other hand is €7.49 or £2.49. Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I really don't understand the pricing on Steam. It's been long known that Eurozone gamers pay more than their British counterparts, but the difference in price is nowhere near consistent. For example, from yesterday's deals;

Jedi Knight Collection is €4.75 or £3.75. Fair enough I suppose.

Far Cry 2 on the other hand is €7.49 or £2.49. Seriously?

Isn't it in the individual publishers who set the prices and not Steam itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

titan18 wrote: »
    Isn't it in the individual publishers who set the prices and not Steam itself?
    That's really a moot point and really irrelevant. A price is a price. And all I care about is how much he game is when I buy it. Not who sets the price.
    Either way, it's unjustified.
    edit: although the publishers setting the price of the games could easily explain the gross pricing discrepancies across Steam regions, but it really doesn't help to explain that there are still price discrepancies in the publishers catalogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Inflation, cost of living adjustments?

as an example, we know chinese kids dont play (or likely have) $15/mo to play WoW: http://seekingalpha.com/article/193148-blizzard-s-world-of-warcraft-the-china-growth-story

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

New sales are up

• Bionic commando pack €11.99
    • All Company of heroes 75% off
    • Divinity II: the dragon knight saga €19.99
    • Medal of Honor €24.99
    • Football Manager €33.49
    • Swarm Arena €2
    • All Half-life games 75% off (85% if you own left 4 dead 1 or 2)
    • Mafia 2 €9.99
    • Zeno clash €3
    • The settlers 7 €24.99

New sales are up

• Bionic commando pack €11.99
    • Company of heroes 75% off
    • Divinity II: the dragon knight saga 50% off
    • Medal of Honor 50% off
    • Football Manager 33% off
    • Swarm Arena 75% off
    • All Half-life games 75% off (85% if you own left 4 dead 1 or 2)
    • Mafia 2 75% off
    • Zeno clash 75% off
    • The settlers 7 50% off
    Since the prices are so fecked up on Steam, the % off is almost irrelevant.
    The most important thing is the price! But thanks for the info though.;)

Really great prices there for the Half Life games. You can get all the Half Life games there for €5.54. Bargain.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/715/
    That is with 85% off because I own a Left 4 Dead game. Little bit dearer if you dont own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Since the prices are so fecked up on Steam, the % off is almost irrelevant.
    The most important thing is the price! But thanks for the info though.;)

Really great prices there for the Half Life games. You can get all the Half Life games there for €5.54. Bargain.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/715/
    That is with 85% off because I own a Left 4 Dead game. Little bit dearer if you dont own one.

Took your advice and changed it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

My friend has always wanted Tales of Valor but the stupid pricing has been a bane (CoH and Opp Fronts around €5 each outside a sale, ToV €35....even when THQ dropped the price of ALL their games by 25% for the sale it was still €35).

And €5.54 for all Half-Life games is silly money, if prices got lower Valve would accept Monopoly money for their games they are getting that low.

Took your advice and changed it :P
    +1

Tempted by Mafia 2 but I know that I will never get around to playing it, what with al the other games that I'm after buying. Hmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Picked up HL2-EP2 for €1.04 ( It was €1.7X before i signed in, is it the l4d disconnect been mentioned?), Really must get around to playing the other ones :P

Tempted by mafia aswell....

• Advertisement

At 9.99 mafia is very tempting.

Advertisement