Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

My credit card is not going to like me come January...

I'm very tempted to get BC2, or rather I was until I found out that the US has it for only $7! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oddly enough, I haven't bought anything. I had a load of stuff in the cart and clicked on buy, but then the page wouldn't load and Steam crashed. It was like a bit of an epiphany where I realised that I didn't actually need any of the games and that I'd plenty already that would keep be busy.

I miss the old, impulsive me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

That rockstar pack is awfully tempting... :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Do the Packs ever make an appearance on the daily deals? Cant remember from last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Do the Packs ever make an appearance on the daily deals? Cant remember from last year.

Yeah normally it did. Don't think it will this time round since the packs are heavily discounted already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just be careful not to list your account name or anything. Selling/trading gifts is a violation of the Steam SA . . . so just be weary.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

I boughted Portal. I want no comments as to why I'm only buying it now.

least you've finally got it, that's the main thing.

you monster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just bought the Titan's Quest bundle for $2.49. Looking forward to seeing what is up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I boughted Portal. I want no comments as to why I'm only buying it now.

Me too. Better late than never I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New deals up, best I see is The Witcher for €4. Two words to that:

F**K YEAH.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Witcher is now on sale- €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

humanji wrote: »

+1 , Ill be gettin this :D

The only downside to all this is I now had to partition my drives os as move my Steam folder over to a new drive with 600gb space as opposed to the C:\ (200gig) which took hours, as I've about another 200gigs of downloading to do :P

Burnout Ultimate box for less than 4 quid?!?!?! Yes please!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    +1 , Ill be gettin this :D

The only downside to all this is I now had to partition my drives os as move my Steam folder over to a new drive with 600gb space as opposed to the C:\ (200gig) which took hours, as I've about another 200gigs of downloading to do :P

You don't have to physically move your whole Steam folder (but I supposed in the long run it might be worth it).
    Look up symbolic linking, specifically 'mklink'. Using a junction you can move single game folders anywhere you want and steam will be none the wiser.

mklink /J "x:\old folder" "x:\new folder"

Works just like having a shortcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Too late, done it earlier :P

Had meant to create a dedicated games partition for a while, so now was the excuse ...Videos/music/etc on another and the OS on 1.

Just need a 100mb connection now, STEAM downloads are goin a bit slow to usual, I would assume its everyone in the world making use of the sales :)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just need a 100mb connection now, STEAM downloads are goin a bit slow to usual, I would assume its everyone in the world making use of the sales :)

I'm stuck on 3 meg :( Downloads are slow for me at the moment as well. I'm glad I'm on an unlimited usage plan as I would have gone over my usage cap in 24 hours at the rate things are going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finally got The Witcher! Just hope it runs well on the windows Steam wrapper I have on my MBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got the Witcher today. Looking forward to playing through it. Almost bought it in the shops a few weeks ago.
    Now, all I need is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to come down even further in price and I'll have everything I need from the Steam sale. Of course, I wont be able to stop at that though. Just hope I'll be able to get to Steam when it does come on special (and it will!). Hope I wont be away for it.

G9Aph.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

humanji wrote: »

Buy this game now if you're one of the few cave dwelling hermits who has not yet picked it up.

Also get Lara Craft and the Guardian of Light which is either €5.10 or €3.60 depending on ownership of any of the other Tomb Raider games.

I hate The Witcher.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's kinda crap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Have my eyes on the Paradox Interactive pack....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

picked up defense grid: awakening and burnout paradise for the grand total of 5.55... nice!

now who wants to buy a copy of burnout paradise for the Xbox 360? only €6!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Tempted to get bioshock 2 @ €9.99...

That meat game is it really good as it looks cr@p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

And so it begins...

Bioshock 2
    The Polynomial
    Defense Grid: The Awakening

Missed the first day or I'd have the Fallout 3 Goatee as well.:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really want to get The Polynomial and the Witcher, but my credit card is overdrawn till Thursday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Defense grid is a lot of fun, kinda addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

picked up defense grid: awakening and burnout paradise for the grand total of 5.55... nice!

now who wants to buy a copy of burnout paradise for the Xbox 360? only €6!

At last, I'm becoming a crafty consumer...

I'll take eight!

Advertisement