Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    gonna buy a game each day, have only bought witcher there so will have to go and buy another one now!

Is AvP worth getting?

For €3.75, i'd say ya. Especially if you're a fan of the series (which it pales in comparrison to in fairness)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kiith wrote: »
    For €3.75, i'd say ya. Especially if you're a fan of the series (which it pales in comparrison to in fairness)
    €5 for me here.

Sorry ya, its £3.75 sterling. Still though, €5 is pretty cheap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

trials 2 is fun

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    gonna buy a game each day, have only bought witcher there so will have to go and buy another one now!

Is AvP worth getting?

pre-ordered it for €45 before release because AVP2 was so ****ing amazingly good, played it for about 2 hours, it's ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Buy aVp Classic (http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/).

It's ten years old and still better than that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nevore wrote: »
    Buy aVp Classic (http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/).

It's ten years old and still better than that one.

i almost clicked on purchase before i realised it wasnt the awesome original.

thanks for the link to the "proper" version.

incredible game. i'd never played a game like it. 3 completely different game modes but each one still so enjoyable. Alien mode ftw though. loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

How is the pc port of Assassin's Creed II? I know the DRM is annoying but how's the actual controls and things? I thought Assassin's Creed I for PC played well enough even with KB + mouse.

How is the pc port of Assassin's Creed II? I know the DRM is annoying but how's the actual controls and things? I thought Assassin's Creed I for PC played well enough even with KB + mouse.

I'd no problems at all the the DRM, but i also played it with a 360 joypad. It's better with a pad, so if you have a PS3 just download the pc driver for that and use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd no problems at all the the DRM, but i also played it with a 360 joypad. It's better with a pad, so if you have a PS3 just download the pc driver for that and use it.

Sounds good enough for me! The DRM is more a matter of principle for me but for €15 I'll sell out...

So then slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a duelshock 3 hack for ACII on Windows 7?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Sounds good enough for me! The DRM is more a matter of principle for me but for €15 I'll sell out...

So then slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a duelshock 3 hack for ACII on Windows 7?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69490694&postcount=3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bully on PC is a terrible port. Wouldn't recommend it at all.

Recettear for a fiver is a steal for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Recettear for a fiver is a steal for sure

Bought it myself, and spent 15 minutes trying to pick a lock with the touch pad ... hooked up a usb mouse to the laptop, and still couldn't do it!

Is it pad enabled?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's a pity because it's probably the best thing rockstar have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Anyone have any problems buying? I keep getting
    There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Pain in the hole, I think it's because I'm in Canada for christmas and using an irish address :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Mantel wrote: »

Pain in the hole, I think it's because I'm in Canada for christmas and using an irish address :(

Are you trying to buy through the steam browser or the steam webpage? I have found I have less problems buying from the webpage than through the steam browser.

Are you trying to buy through the steam browser or the steam webpage? I have found I have less problems buying from the webpage than through the steam browser.

I've tried both :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

Recettear for €5.10 for me. No idea what it is, but it's on SALE! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

I had a similar problem when I was abroad, but it worked when I used the direct link to the Irish store.

http://www.steampowered.com/?cc=ie or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've succumbed to Portal and Grid Defense. No probs with either (in the UK) cept the expected servers are busy problem when trying to DL and install.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem when I was abroad, but it worked when I used the direct link to the Irish store.

http://www.steampowered.com/?cc=ie or something like that.

I've gotten a step further now, thanks Polar101. Getting a decline if I use a debit or credit card now :/ Both have enough for the measly €15.50 for assassins creed II and evil genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sales are meant to save you money yeah ? ....how have I spent over 200 unnecessary euros :(
    Damn you Steam !!!,,,,,,damn you to hell !!! :mad:

On another note...next sale is in 40 mins :P :rolleyes: ...no reason to stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

SeantheMan wrote: »
    ...no reason to stop now

Lol as if you could. They own you now. They own us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I've gotten a step further now, thanks Polar101. Getting a decline if I use a debit or credit card now :/ Both have enough for the measly €15.50 for assassins creed II and evil genius.

I had the same issue before, you will have to email them or ring them if you have a number, and Steam customer service sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Only bully so far......but i don't play pc games :pac:

Stupid 3v voucher was 2 cent short for Recettear D: and of course paypal wouldnt pay using its balance + the voucher.

Probaly gonna end up dropping a load on games towards the end of the sale.......just to have in case :pac:

wes wrote: »
    I had the same issue before, you will have to email them or ring them if you have a number, and Steam customer service sorted it for me.

Just got a reply from them, since I was buying from canada and a completely different IP they blocked the purchase.
    Our records indicate that your purchase was declined due to your current IP address differing from what is on file with your billing information.

The block has been lifted for me so I can give steam even more money now :D

Oof. A bit today that I want/need. :(
    Alpha Protocol worth a flutter? I like my rpgs and enjoy the espionage sneak em up side of things...

Three Silent Hunter III, V and wolves of the pacific on sale now, anyone recommend them? Always wanted to play a sub game but never got around to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

New update:

Wings of Prey: €5
    Deathspank: €6.49
    All Silent Hunter games 66% off
    Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition: €10
    Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition: €19.99
    Dead Rising 2: €19.99
    Blur: €14.99
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: €3
    Darksiders: €7.50
    Risen: €14.99
    All Mass Effect games 50% off
    Alpha Protocol: €7.50

Pretty good today. I think I'll only go with Operation Flashpoint, though - I've spent enough! :pac:

If you want an interesting story, you can't go too far wrong with Alpha Protocol for €7.50. Just don't expect it to be a tour de force as an actual game - it's not Obsidian's strong point, they've proven.

Advertisement