Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

Dammit. I was managing to resist the sale so far but today they got me. Darksiders, Wings of Prey, Risen, Alpha Protocol & Silent Hunter 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A Changer wrote: »

Pretty good today. I think I'll only go with Operation Flashpoint, though - I've spent enough! :pac:

Not worth 3 euro tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Only really tempted by Darksider's today... maybe, maybe not.

I'd recommend OpFlash 2 though (it's not a patch on the first one, or on Armed Assault, but for €3 you can't go wrong). Wings of Prey though is the catch of the day - pity I already own it. Great flight sim, not the most hardcore but still accessible enough for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I've heard very conflicting reports on OpFlash 2, but once a full retail game goes below a fiver on Steam, I generally nab it. As was said, you can't really go wrong with it. I know I'll get sniped every few seconds, so at least that won't come as a surprise. :pac:

Though I feel like a horrible human being as I go to buy it - the stuff I bought yesterday hasn't even finished downloading! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not worth 3 euro tbh

Unfortunatly i have to agree with this
    Probably the biggest gaming disappointment of my life.

Then again it might be because i anticipated it so much that i think its so ****. Also, nobodys going to cry over 3 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not worth 3 euro tbh

Its bad when even those who pirated it felt ripped off. They turned off the servers and ended the support after 6 months and one pitiful patch...........................But Yay, the new one will be sooo great, the cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone got Sniper Elite? It's only €1.04
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/3700/
    Kinda looks like a bit of fun, especially for a €1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Not got it, but with a Metacritic score of 76, it's surely worth the risk at €1!

Darksiders got decent reviews as well. Am I being harsh in thinking of it as a God of War-a-like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just bought it. Ill report back after I play through the first few levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Darksiders got decent reviews as well. Am I being harsh in thinking of it as a God of War-a-like?

It's one part God of War, one part Zelda. Overall, it's not something you can play on PC every day. I'd recommend it, if you're tempted. There's a sequel on the way too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Nollog

I heard it was good when it was fairly new, so definitely 1 euro good at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

A Changer wrote: »
    It's one part God of War, one part Zelda. Overall, it's not something you can play on PC every day. I'd recommend it, if you're tempted. There's a sequel on the way too. :)
    Hmmm €7.50 doesn't buy much these days anyway...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Sniper elite is a bit of fun. Definitely worth the euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

What do people think of Bloodbowl? Worth it at €20?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

re Bloodbowl: I rather enjoyed it, sort of a distance relative of Xcom style turn based played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm a sucker for gw so I'm looksng at it too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Everyone should pick up Darksiders. Excellent game, and definitely worth €7.50.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I think I will pick up Silent Hunter: Battle of the Atlantic in the morning. I was a big fan of the other games, and the price seems right.

Anyone played it? Opinions?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get patrician 4?anygood?Also is risen worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I think I will pick up Silent Hunter: Battle of the Atlantic in the morning. I was a big fan of the other games, and the price seems right.

Anyone played it? Opinions?!

Ive only played wolves of the pacific (the fourth one) and its brilliant. I was put off buying battle of the Atlantic because of the reviews it got.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone get patrician 4?anygood?Also is risen worth getting?

It's not too bad. Acquired taste really. If you liked the Anno series, you'll like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Krieg wrote: »
    Ive only played wolves of the pacific (the fourth one) and its brilliant. I was put off buying battle of the Atlantic because of the reviews it got.

Likewise, I didnt want to pay the full price because of them . . . but for a tenner it is not too bad I am guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

How's Darksiders on the PC? It's on my PS3 purchase list, but I might be tricked into buying the PC version..

I bought Mass Effect 2 just two weeks ago, so of course it's half price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Not worth 3 euro tbh

Ah I have to disagree. I got it from a friend and liked it. While it wasn't brilliant by any means I certainly enjoyed playing it. I think it's certainly well worth the €3.

Polar101 wrote: »
    How's Darksiders on the PC? It's on my PS3 purchase list, but I might be tricked into buying the PC version..

It's perfect as long as you have a decent gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »
    It's perfect as long as you have a decent gamepad.

So it's not no use with k/m?

Burgo wrote: »
    So it's not no use with k/m?

I didnt try it to be honest. It's definitely designed with a pad in mind though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else having trouble connecting to steam?once I connect its really slow too,really annoying.

Just bought Birds of Prey and Alpha Protocol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone else having trouble connecting to steam?once I connect its really slow too,really annoying.
    Nope, seems fine for me, downloading ME2 at max speed :)

Advertisement