Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Must be my dodgey connection so :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come risen is gone up in price?it was 7.50 last night I think and now its 14.99 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

A Changer wrote: »
    New update:

Wings of Prey: €5
    Deathspank: €6.49
    All Silent Hunter games 66% off
    Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition: €10
    Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition: €19.99
    Dead Rising 2: €19.99
    Blur: €14.99
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: €3
    Darksiders: €7.50
    Risen: €14.99
    All Mass Effect games 50% off
    Alpha Protocol: €7.50

Pretty good today. I think I'll only go with Operation Flashpoint, though - I've spent enough! :pac:

If you want an interesting story, you can't go too far wrong with Alpha Protocol for €7.50. Just don't expect it to be a tour de force as an actual game - it's not Obsidian's strong point, they've proven.

looks like it was always 14.99
    How come risen is gone up in price?it was 7.50 last night I think and now its 14.99 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Don't think it was. I'd have grabbed it at 7.50

hmmm could have sworn it was cheaper last night,same with bloodbowl,must be my eyes playing tricks on me so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it was definitely 14.99 at 6pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ZOMG Portal, map 19. I'm soooo close to cheating. I thought the end of 18 was bad.... Cannot see how to progress *bangs head on keyboard*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Bought Darksiders and the Paradox Interactive pack. That's 60gb to download :eek:

Wonder if cc services work Xmas day... I need a topup. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Got jedi knight 2 and jedi academy for €8. My first steam purchases. Hopefully they'll work ok on windows 7.

• Advertisement

New day.

Torchlight for 3.99, if anyone doesn't already have it, it's a gem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Right so, uh, currently I've downloaded.

Burnout Paradise - Fupping Brilliant.
    Super Meatboy - You really need a 360 controller for this, fupping brilliant either way.
    Tomb Raider Guardian of Light - Not Yet Played.
    Trials 2 SE - Hard as nails, but fun nonetheless.
    Men Of War - Not Yet Played.

This is my first year as a steam customer, I love the service, but I can't help but notice how every time a bargain sales period comes around I end up paying more for games than I normally do but I love my collection of top notch games.:o
    Burnout is amazing, keyboard controls and laptop cramped keyboard controls work just fine.:D

Malty_T wrote: »
    This is my first year as a steam customer, I love the service, but I can't help but notice how every time a bargain sales period comes around I end up paying more for games than I normally do but I love my collection of top notch games.:o
    Yeah, I've noticed that too! Then again I've bought some great games that I'd otherwise have overlooked, so I guess it's fair. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was hoping for much better than 25 for bordrlands GotY edition. Pretty sure it's cheaper boxed online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was hoping for much better than 25 for bordrlands GotY edition. Pretty sure it's cheaper boxed online.
    Definitely is. Amazon have it for £9UK or thereabouts. Granted you'll have to pay postage too...

Yeah, was going to pick it up when it went on sale. Won't be at that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Saints Row 2 for €2.50, what a bargain.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Saw it for 20 in gamestop today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Anyone know if King Arthur is worth playing? €4.94, tempting. 78 on Metacritic... Hmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Saw it for 20 in gamestop today
    Which branch do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Johner wrote: »
    Saints Row 2 for €2.50, what a bargain.

Was gonna ask is it worth getting, but then for €2.50 theirs no point :p

Whatre the Ghost Recon like?

Overlord, 2 at least, looks like it's worth grabbing too. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The original Ghost Recon and add-ons were brilliant, but i found GRAW to be totally different in feel and not as good so i don't know whether to take the plunge and buy GRAW 2?

Which branch do you mind me asking?

Kilkenny

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Malty_T wrote: »
    Super Meatboy - You really need a 360 controller for this, fupping brilliant either way.

I'll have to disagree with you there! So far I have World 1,2, and Dark 1 all A+ed on keyboard only! But then I'm used to playing SF3: 3rd Strike on keyboard and that's slightly more execution heavy!

Nevore wrote: »
    Whatre the Ghost Recon like?

Overlord, 2 at least, looks like it's worth grabbing too. Any opinions?

I would very much like someone's opinion on Overlord too.

The Original GRs are classics, hard as nails,tense and excellent fun. The reimagining, GRAW,, while dumbing the series down still won tonnes of GOTY awards. It scored a 9.9 with gametrailers - Basically what I'm saying is buy it. I just got the complete pack for €8.94.:D
    Now fingers crossed for the complete rainbow six. (Obviously I won't be playing lockdown.)

And god dammit valve I bought the battlefield 2 complete pack for 17 quid just a few months back off EA. Damn you!!!:mad:.

Arma II is an excellent deal, get up to date with version 1.08 and get online, the game is a terrific military simulator. Once you play with good spirited coop players there's no going back.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll have to disagree with you there! So far I have World 1,2, and Dark 1 all A+ed on keyboard only! But then I'm used to playing SF3: 3rd Strike on keyboard and that's slightly more execution heavy!

Lol. I'm playing it on a laptop keyboard and it still works fine, but I still think my point is valid a 360 controller is much more comfortable.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How severe is the jump from playing something like COD to ARMA II? Used to play the original Rainbow Six a lot, is it like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Dammit, New Vegas for half off is really tempting, but I'd still rather get it on 360...

• Advertisement

Must look at arma then.

Advertisement