Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Arma 2 forum, its a brilliant game but steep learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Dammit, New Vegas for half off is really tempting, but I'd still rather get it on 360...

it can be got for cheaper elsewhere on pc
    http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/pc/fallout-new-vegas/_/RM03792/productpage.html

and for €25.49 on 360
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/6-/Search.html?searchstring=new+vegas&searchtype=X360&searchsource=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone getting crappy download rates change the download location to Ukraine, or somewhere else in Europe, much better download speeds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Still telling me that the server is busy :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Middle east for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone getting crappy download rates change the download location to Ukraine, or somewhere else in Europe, much better download speeds.

Whats considered a good download speed? I'm getting an average 500 KB/s :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Whats considered a good download speed? I'm getting an average 500 KB/s :confused:

It depends on the speed of your connection to the internet. I have the 15Mbps service from UPC and I reguarly get 1.5Mbps from Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Saints Row 2 for €2.50 is very temping but I've heard the port is god awful. Anyone with first hand experience of it?

Also, Torchlight is a great little game for €4 and I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Saints Row 2 for €2.50 is very temping but I've heard the port is god awful. Anyone with first hand experience of it?

Also, Torchlight is a great little game for €4 and I'd recommend it.

I played the coop a while back (SR2). From what I can remember, there were no real issues with the game other than it being a bit laggy with coop online.

It's definitely worth €2.50 though, imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Think i'll get Torchlight and King Arthur. Nothing else really that interests me today. Maybe Overlord, to bring back some Dungeon Keeper memories.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats king arthur like?is it turn based strat?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Skerries wrote: »
    The original Ghost Recon and add-ons were brilliant, but i found GRAW to be totally different in feel and not as good so i don't know whether to take the plunge and buy GRAW 2?

GRAW2 is a rework from the ground up for the PC version. Completely different from the console versions and very much like the original Ghost Recon in fancy new clothes. I really recommend it. It's still fairly active online too

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Have spent a huge amounts on games so far - my Steam library has expanded to be at least twice as large as it was before this sale. Lots of Indie game suddenly became worth the gamble.

Overlord Complete pack looks worth it. I was three quarters the way through Overlord on the 360, and this price is worth it for a fun First Person Puzzler.

Impulsedriven doesn't seem to be even competing this time around...

Meh. Being declined. Silly banks, there's money in there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Nevore wrote: »
    Meh. Being declined. Silly banks, there's money in there. :(

Same, I've been getting declined all day, despite the fact that my credit card has practically nothing on it.
    Even more annoying as it worked at 00:08 this morning when I was buying stuff in TF2...

EDIT: Apparently it has no problem charging my card to add funds to my Steam Wallet, but then trying to use that results in an "authorization failure"...

Yeah, I threw my brother the cash I was going to spend and used his cc instead.
    Not ideal...

50% off Splinter Cell series
    Altitude for €2.24 (75% off)
    75% off Red Faction series
    90% off FlatOut series
    Shank for €6.49 (50% off)
    Batman AA GotY for €7.50 (75% off)
    25% off Civ 5
    Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle for €3.75 (75% off)
    50% off Dragon Age series
    50% off X SuperBox
    Tropico 3 Gold edition for €7.50 (75% off)
    50% off Modern Warfare 2 (a year too late for that methinks...)

Nothing there for me, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tropico 3 is a great game for that price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought Dragon Age: Awakenings and Arkham Asylum. Figured i'd get the GOTY edition on Steam.

• Advertisement

50% off Splinter Cell series
    Altitude for €2.24 (75% off)
    75% off Red Faction series
    90% off FlatOut series
    Shank for €6.49 (50% off)
    Batman AA GotY for €7.50 (75% off)
    25% off Civ 5
    Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle for €3.75 (75% off)
    50% off Dragon Age series
    50% off X SuperBox
    Tropico 3 Gold edition for €7.50 (75% off)

Very disappointed with the xmas day sale, thought they would have their best deals on offer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Nollog

Very disappointed with the xmas day sale, thought they would have their best deals on offer. :rolleyes:

Same.
    But everyone has their own tastes so what's not good for us might be excellent for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm guessing Civ 5 is probably cheaper than that in the shop.

Since I'm in a jovial mood today, first person to PM me their steam e-mail gets a free copy of Half-Life 2 :D I bought the orange box and had HL 2 already so i have a free copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Davidius wrote: »
    Most definitely, YES. Can be gotten for under €30 in a good few places.
    And it adds to Steam so it doesn't matter where you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

50% off an already ridiculously bloated price of €60? Agreed. If it was €20 or less I'd consider getting it... for €30 a year after release? Nah, thanks, but no thanks.

I did pick up the earlier editions of the X-Beyond series though (long time since I played through those), and Flatout Ultimate Carnage, which was nice. 4 cames for €6.66.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

50% off an already ridiculously bloated price of €60? Agreed. If it was €20 or less I'd consider getting it... for €30 a year after release? Nah, thanks, but no thanks.

Sheesh, I bought it on release for something like €25 from CD Wow.
    Awful game tho /shudder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very tempted to get both the dragon age games...

Davidius wrote: »

Should be yea. I ordered it from Amazon a couple of days before release and only paid €31 for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Should be yea. I ordered it from Amazon a couple of days before release and only paid €31 for the game.

€28.95 in zavvi here.

Advertisement