Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Had to install Steam today on a new laptop today and can't get NEAR running it! Had to retry about 20 times to get it to even start updating and even then it just craps out.

Servers are getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

quarryman wrote: »
    Had to install Steam today on a new laptop today and can't get NEAR running it! Had to retry about 20 times to get it to even start updating and even then it just craps out.

Servers are getting hammered.

I've been running steam almost all day today, giving people gifts and receiving a few too.:D Had little to no problem with the servers regarding making transactions or receiving pressies. I think the problem could very well be on your end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get splinter cell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Disappointed with today's offerings, thought there'd be more for the day that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Shank is quite good (but hard) and you cant go wrong with the Red Factions at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€28.95 in zavvi here.
    £18 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Batman is an awesome game. Hours of fun.

Thinking of picking up Flatout: Ultimate carnage and Altitude. might be fun and only 4.14 for the two of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Kiith wrote: »
    Bought Dragon Age: Awakenings and Arkham Asylum. Figured i'd get the GOTY edition on Steam.

Word of warning in case anyone may have not seen the warning, a steam version Dragon Age: Awakenings wont work if you have a non-steam version of Dragon Age: Origins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Word of warning in case anyone may have not seen the warning, a steam version Dragon Age: Awakenings wont work if you have a non-steam version of Dragon Age: Origins.

That's why it's taken me so long to get Awakenings. I've had Origins on it for ages, and absolutley loved it, but I refused to pay more then €30 for the expansion, which it what it has been on Steam for ages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grabbed Batman AA for €7.50 good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Dcully wrote: »
    Grabbed Batman AA for €7.50 good deal.

yeah I nabbed that one too. So far I have got The witcher, Rail works rail simulator 2, Just cause 2, batman AA and Alpha Protocol

yeah I nabbed that one too. So far I have got The witcher, Rail works rail simulator 2, Just cause 2, batman AA and Alpha Protocol

People actually play those train sim games? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Shank is quite good (but hard) and you cant go wrong with the Red Factions at that price.

I was going to buy it until I realise that just about all my games are FPS. Also, watching the hilariously bad Tools of destruction with Mac put me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Was doing quite well (in terms of nor spending shedloads of money) til this morning. Batman AA and Dragon Age UE were too good to turn down. Euro pricing on Steam still irritates the hell out of me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Picked up Dragon Age.

Playing through it on Easy but so far I haven't had to pause the game to issue orders, just point and click til the bad guy is dead.

Anyone playing this on normal? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

ShaneU wrote: »
    I was honestly quite tempted by that game, held out though :p

Batman:AA is well worth the purchase, truly a fantastic game. I've gotten quite far in it but thanks to that stupid windows live game crap my save got overwritten as I switched from using an offline profile to an online one :mad:
    I was as far as the first encounter with croc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

ShaneU wrote: »

yup, and enjoy them to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone playing this on normal? What's it like?
    I found normal pretty hard, but then again, i am not that used to point and click type RPGs. But I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Found the game a good bit more manageable when I dropped it down to easy.
    I really started to get into the pause tactics menus and it really helped streamline the combat that it started to look after itself once the combat began. You should try it and see. Read up on the best things/tactics to queue up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Thus far I have picked up:
    Mass Effect 1+2
    Dragons Age Ultimate edition
    Just Cause 2.

Given I have yet to start FO:NV, a glance at my unplayed list reveals that I appear destined to remain a year behind the cutting edge on the gaming front. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ah poor showing Steam.

Xmas day offerings were weak and I was holding out maybe for a gem seeing as today is Boxing Day but they're only doing items they already had up on other days....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

AH, the witcher is only €1 today. I bought it for €4 the other day, it has to a fault! Quick. Get it now.

edit: it's changed back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

noty impressed, just about to grab The Witcher and it changed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

witcher is a cent cheaper than it was, right?

I welcome this repeat! I missed some games from the first and second days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Battlefield BC2 is only $6.80 again on USA Steam, we pay €13.60 :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoying darksiders so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah! Had hoped for some more offers today, but it's just the same stuff that they have earlier in the week. Better not be the same tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats Recettear like?worth 7.49?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith wrote: »
    Bah! Had hoped for some more offers today, but it's just the same stuff that they have earlier in the week. Better not be the same tomorrow.

Yeah not impressed with today's lot at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Just wanted to say after getting Assassin's Creed 2 when it was on sale earlier that is is a great game and a horrid port. I'm playing with a Duelshock 3 so the controls are fine however no matter what controller you use, in the tutorial sections or 'quick time events' in cut scenes the keyboard controls will still appear instead of the controller's buttons. The graphics are also horrid, the most annoying part being the shadows, which will be super low res and eventually when you get near them (only five feet or so) will become super high res. The shadows also flicker very badly which ruins my immersion. I'm no graphics whore but graphics bugs really annoy me and they are all over the place. I have searched and searched but there is no way to correct these graphical glitches and it appears Ubisoft is too lazy to correct them.

Saying that the gameplay is great and if you can get it for around the same price for consoles then I would recommend it.

• Advertisement

I refuse to buy any of ubisoft's games that need to have a constant internet connection, I use wifi and the connection drops now and again, I'm not losing game progress because of their ridiculous drm.

Advertisement