Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Xmas Sale 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

quarryman wrote: »
    Picked up Dragon Age.

Playing through it on Easy but so far I haven't had to pause the game to issue orders, just point and click til the bad guy is dead.

Anyone playing this on normal? What's it like?

I played it on nightmare my first time to try it out.
    At first all i did was basically get all my guys to click on each enemy till they were dead. I soon found myself dying very fast. So i started pausing and seeing what i could do to solve this problem
    It took a lot of pausing, proper positioning, pulling enemies one by one, using tanks, taking out the high dmg dealers first like mages but after a while i was doing pretty well.

So yeah, id say jack up the difficulty a bit, its pretty boring just clicking on each enemy until their dead but its a lot of fun coming up with strategies and using your new weapons/spells to overcome difficult battles. Pausing is a necessity at the higher difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

For me dragon ages was a touch too hard on normal and far far too easy on easy. I found skipping from char to char tedious and the changing camera angle each time you switched char confusing from a tactical aspect. Had to give it up which annoys me as the game would have been awesome :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bought Wings of Prey, hopefully it'll keep me entertained for a few days. I have X52 flight controller and TrackIR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For me dragon ages was a touch too hard on normal and far far too easy on easy. I found skipping from char to char tedious and the changing camera angle each time you switched char confusing from a tactical aspect. Had to give it up which annoys me as the game would have been awesome :(
    to me it just sounds like you need to change up your game style and have a bit more caution when attacking. but i do know what you mean at time especially before i had a full party and good choice of charecters it could get tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ahh the 30 minute countdown to games i dont want but will buy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Super Meat Boy just pushed me to 150 games on my steam list, although I've no idea when I'll get around to playing even a tenth of those.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gonna pick up Mirrors Edge for €2.50 and Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete for €9.99. Might get Knights of the Old Republic for €2.25 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Killing Floor bundle for me, HAWX would be a definite purchase if it was a little cheaper and didn't have that poxy Ubisoft activation crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Picked up the Killing Floor bundle, was tempted by Serious Sam for under €3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

I don't like killing floor. kill, buy weapons, kill, etc. :-\

Does anyone have any opinions on Machinarium or Mirror's Edge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Dont know if this site has been posted on this topic before but i use this site - http://www.steamgamesales.com/ to look through the xmas sale find it much easier :D

Finger hovers over Killing Floor.

Do I reeeeeeeeally need this game.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Finger hovers over Killing Floor.

Do I reeeeeeeeally need this game.....

I'm the same. I better check vids on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I'm the same. I better check vids on youtube.

Its a great game, I prefer it to L4D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm more tempted by Neverwinter Nights. Bit of nostalgia.

Nevore wrote: »
    I'm more tempted by Neverwinter Nights. Bit of nostalgia.

But that's NWN2, it was pants :)

EDIT: Unless a patch fixed the camera? I remember that being a total game killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

But that's NWN2, it was pants :)

EDIT: Unless a patch fixed the camera? I remember that being a total game killer.

yeah i think i played it for 2 hours when it came out before promptly uninstalling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Am I right in thinking that Killing Floor has no SP at all?

Already bought Mirror's Edge today, but I can just about afford the €2.50!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Off topic here, but Im reinstalling Windows tomoro so what will the story be with steam? Will I have to re-download all my games or can I back them up to a external HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Off topic here, but Im reinstalling Windows tomoro so what will the story be with steam? Will I have to re-download all my games or can I back them up to a external HD?

open steam and right click on an installed game and select "backup game files" and just select your external drive as where you want to save them.

EDIT: Oh and by the way that just saves the games not any save files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

EDIT: Oh and by the way that just saves the games not any save files.

good to know, planned on doing it myself at some stage.

Copy the entire Steam folder to another Drive/partition, when new windows is installed install steam but during installation point it to the new drive.

best way of doing it imo in that you only have to move it once and each you install windows just point it to the steam folder.

Aaah just reinstalled NVN 1. Now thisis more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Are save games stored in the steam folder??

cian1500ww wrote: »

I believe they are as i have no games in my documents that are in steam but not 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kiith wrote: »
    Gonna pick up Mirrors Edge for €2.50 and Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete for €9.99. Might get Knights of the Old Republic for €2.25 as well.

they are some of the best games available and would love to be playing them for the first time again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

Am I right in thinking that Killing Floor has no SP at all?
    correct sir.
    The whole game feels hacked together to me.
    Granted I only played it for 50 minutes and it was during the santa theme thing.
    cian1500ww wrote: »

My gta4 save went to my documents folder.

/\/ollog wrote: »

My gta4 save went to my documents folder.

think thats due to the User music thing more so than steam.

prodgy and RATM fill up my custom radio station :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any Steam games with the Steam cloud support will have a copy of your saves backed up online, so even if you forget you still have the save from Steam itself. Mind you, it's only on a minority of games

EDIT: 14 games bought so far on the sale, with a grand total of 28 euro. Think I'm doing myself proud on this one. I don't even want to remember how much I spent last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Steam saves are stored all over. My hitman ones are in documents for sure, just off the top of my head.

Advertisement