Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft took my Christmas money?

Options
  • 20-12-2010 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hey there guys basically I went a bit overboard with my spending when I got paid my overdue money last week, mostly on stuff that was badly needed which left me with a 300 euro overdraft. I wasn't even aware I had one that much so I wasn't suspicious in the slightest.

When I got paid this week I got under a hundred and this is impossible for Christmas so I went and overdrew as much as possible but it's about 140 less than what I got paid and that is really needed. Is there anything I can do? I have never even applied for an overdraft..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Are you sure you didn't apply? You could have through an ATM. Basically what could have happened is if you tried to take cash from an ATM and had insufficient funds a screen would have came up and warned you, it would say you can apply for an overdraft click yes or no. Its easy enough to miss. Call the bank and see if this is the case if your unsure.

The other thing that could have happened is the bank is allowing you an unauthorized overdraft, I'd contact them if this were the case also as you'll be charged heavily for this.

Advertisement