Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road from Letterkenny to Galway

Options
  • 20-12-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Has anyone made this journey today?
    If so just wondered what state the roads are in......???? :confused:
    How was the gap, roads around sligo? Where they gritted?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I was hoping to make the journey tomorrow and don't want to take the bus.....:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm in the same boat, supposed to be bringing herself up to Fanad tomorrow but it's looking like she is going to get the Feda Bus. Reports aren't great regarding the roads. Brother of mine landed in Knock a few hours ago, said the N17 south to Claremorris (where he turned off) was 20mph the whole way and even at that it was very dodgy. I'm just thinking that it is too big a risk, especially as it is a long drive (Galway-Fanad). Have to collect the mother from Shannon in the morn, will allow that experience to make up my mind for sure. Best of luck either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Around Sligo is not too bad except around Cliffoney. Im meant to be heading up to Letterkenny tomorrow and was wondering the same thing.
    Check out some of the comments here in the sligo thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69659269&posted=1#post69659269

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dunna

Thanks for all the replies.....
    Decided to put the journey off until tomorrow.
    Any update on the road situation today??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

I've to drive from Galway to Letterkenny too on Thursday. Has anyone driven through the gap today?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Planning to do the Galway to Glen of Glenties drive on Friday. Hopefully the thaw will not begin on Friday cause if it does the roads will be lethal. Best advise would be to leave early (round 10 -11am). Make sure and have a clear head, no pints the night before and a good night sleep. Defrost the windscreen washer before you leave and take her handy. Safe traveling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

M.Pool wrote: »
    I've to drive from Galway to Letterkenny too on Thursday. Has anyone driven through the gap today?
    According to Highland radio its passable but with care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

Safe journey home to everyone travelling for Christmas. As well as the advice above am thinking of putting a bag of salt in the boot just in case.

Advertisement