Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 course meal idea

Options
  • 20-12-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi

Would love some advise. I want to surprise my boyfriend with a 3 course meal when I go back to see him in January (i'm home for xmas) So far I've cooked him the usual e.g. spag bol, shepherds pie, curry, stirfry, but I want to do something really special for him.Do you have any advise? I'm not that skilled in the kitchen. He doesn't like fish apart from prawns if that helps, and loves chocolate!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

If you are trying to make it into a special occasion, I would definately start with sparking wine as an aperitif.

Then suggestions for starter: brushetta, garlic mushrooms, selection of dips

For main course: steak with baked potatoes and sour cream, a really good curry (see recipe of the week), stuffed fillet of pork always goes down really well (google - its really easy to make) or stuffed chicken.

I'm not a great dessert person (usually have a baileys coffee / irish coffee instead of dessert) but if you buy ice-cream and serve it with good homemade chocolate brandy sauce, or buy meringue nests and put some whipped cream (mixed with with crushed maltesers and baileys) on top.

When cooking something special for my OH I never worry about starter. I might do a dip (mushroom, sweet chilli, olive)if I have time, but prefer to put most of my effort into the main course. We often find that with starter we are too full to enjoy main course and dessert.

Either way, its the setting and the atmosphere that will make or break the dinner - so put more effort into that.

Advertisement