Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from abroad to BOI - how long does it take?

Options
  • 20-12-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    quick question,
    My Da is stuck for a few bob this Christmas, and I transferred a few hundred euro from my bank account here in denmark, to his BOI account, but he has not received it yet.
    We have doublechecked all account numbers - IBAN etc. and it is correct.
    My account here says the transfer was made on 16. Dec, and I can see the money has been deducted.
    Could it be that BOI have received the funds but have not transferred them to his account yet? :mad:
    He really needs it asap - do you think BOI would hurry it up if I called tomorrow?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Unless you specified that you wanted it to go same day, then it usually takes between 3 and 5 working days to reach the account. He can ring his branch and they can get in touch with the international department and see if they can tell when it'll hit the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anomic

Hey, Prob best if you contact your own bank in Denmark & ask them to put a trace on it. Altho it is prob alright, more than likely just routed thro an intermediary bank first, like Toots said it can take up to 5 days,unless you specified express payment. But deffo contact your own Bank first, fastest way to trace payment,is if your bank do it.

Advertisement