Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how is it rules differ?

Options
  • 20-12-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

(i Think this is the right place for this)
    How is it rules differ from one moderator to another. i sent a msg to a mod asking where could i post this thread i was told then to post it in a certain section. then a day later another mod barred me for the post. how is this possible. one min i am told i can told where to post it & next min i am barred for posting it. Is there any guidelines which mods stick to besides one saying yes another saying no.
    should the mod have told me it would not be allowed before i posted it.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you follow the procedure I explained & contact the other mod in the security forum, & then the cmods??
    The topic of the post was in the right section.
    The post was deleted & you got a ban the agressive manner & for posting a racist remark.
    Did you tell the first mod the exact content of your post?
    It would be deleted from any forum on boards.
    The deleted post is in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69637564#post69637564
    Between post 22 & 23 if c/mods or admins wish to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from Dispute Resolution.

To be brutally honest, you were lucky all you got was a forum ban for that post. Extremely xenophobic, racist and downright ignorant.

You won't last much longer on this site if you continue posting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

still did not answer my Q ???you would want to make the rules clear to ALL ur Moderators. besides one saying yes and another saying no.

There are other threads that are racist and they are still on this site. but there is not cursing in it though.

still did not answer my Q ???you would want to make the rules clear to ALL ur Moderators. besides one saying yes and another saying no.

There are other threads that are racist and they are still on this site. but there is not cursing in it though.

Different forums have different rules. What is appropriate in After Hours is not appropriate in Personal Issues.

So, there is a general ethos of what and is not acceptable across the site, with specific rules for each forum.

This has nothing to do with moderators not applying the rules across the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

my point is should your man have told me i would not be allowed to post it before i posted it

I genuinely meant no harm i Just wanted it to stand out as a warning to other people in case they got caught so they know the voice incase he rang them

thanks

• Advertisement

I genuinely meant no harm i Just wanted it to stand out as a warning to other people in case they got caught so they know the voice incase he rang them

Seriously?

You posted:
    THis was the scam that happened me yesterday. Some ****ing Indian/pakie Guy kept ringing up asking to help fix our computer if we would connect it to the Internet.& said he was from Windows. ****in Prick scared my parents. i told him to **** off & i am calling the guards

No matter where you posted that you would be banned.

Are you honestly telling me you see nothing wrong with the above post?

This is nothing to do with mods being inconsistent, this is to do with your post being totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Just need to clarify one or two things as co-mod of the security forum:

1. I would have taken exactly the same action as Koolkid if I had read that post first.

2. No PM was received from JamesBond2010 by either of the mods of the security forum either before posting that post or afterwards to query the ban

3. As Tom says: I would seriously doubt any mod said it was ok to post that content. They possibly directed you where to post on that Topic but I would be very suprised if they ok'ed that post.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Lolth,
    He did PM me after the ban (I will forward that to you) pretty much in the same vein as here, not understanding what was wrong with it.
    I explained I found it agressive & racist. I explained his options re dispute resolution & told him he could contact yourself & then the cmods if need be.
    He skipped all that & went straight to dispute resolution forum.
    I would agree he probably asked a mod elsewhere about the best place to post about the topic in question. I doubt any mod would have advised him to post such content anywhere.

Advertisement