Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we talkin big money?

• 20-12-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am only wiring my house at the moment but am hoping to buy all my electronics in the Jan sales. Trouble is I don't know what a €1,000 will buy these days when it comes to this stuff. The kind of configuration is:

TVs in Living Room, Sun Room, Dining Room and Master Bedroom.

There are 3 things I like the idea of
    1. A networked media centre that all the TVs can feed off.
    2. All comms stuff in central location in house away from Living room
    3. Nothing but a TV on living room wall. Is there a way of changing volume on home cinema remotely?

Cost of TVs and cabling aside as that much I do know, am I looking at 100s or 1000s? I don't have massive money to blow on this and if it were to end up too expensive I may not put in so much cabling etc.

Happy Christmas all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

€1000 should get you one decent TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KingPuck

KingPuck wrote: »
    Cost of TVs and cabling aside as that much I do know, am I looking at 100s or 1000s?

I'm not talking about cost of TVs, cabling, speakers etc... more so the media centre and any remore control or switching equipment

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You should try asking the lads on the Richer Sounds forum. They should be able to steer you in the right direction.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

KingPuck wrote: »
    I'm not talking about cost of TVs, cabling, speakers etc... more so the media centre and any remore control or switching equipment

My apologies, I misread your original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I use to work for Russound (in ireland), It's what your looking for .. But not in your price range. It's class stuff though

• Advertisement
Advertisement