Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/NTL

• 20-12-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Has anyone else had any dealings with this shower seriously poor customer service department and the way the customer service staff talk to you is very demeaning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Broadband forum is that way --->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No, is the call centre for customer service here in Ireland or somewhere else?

I fcuking hate when I have to ring Eircom about anything. Usually it invloves me getting put through to a call centre in Calcutta & the person I get through to almost always whispers into the phone so I can't understand a single fcuking word they are saying :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

During my 283 calls to their customer service desk (In Limerick), I found most of the staff to be quite friendly.

UPC are absolutely terrible at tracking down intermittent faults though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Has anyone else had any dealings with this shower seriously poor customer service department and the way the customer service staff talk to you is very demeaning.

Nope every dealing with them has been quite good
    Changed details on account when needed
    Answered billing query
    Canceled my account no bother when asked also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

UPC are absolutely terrible at tracking down intermittent faults though.

Intermittant faults in any industry are a nightmare because, well they are intermittant. If it doesnt happen when your lookign at it you have to either keep tryign or standign there for hours or days till it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

They have the best broadband though so put up or shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Dealt with them for cable when they were Chorus and was not impressed. Have recently moved broadband from that absolute shower of bastards at Vodafone to UPC and have found UPC fantastic.

Vodafone Irelands broadband is a joke. I now have a 15 mb UPC line for less than Vodafones 8mb line and UPC's broadband works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Goodbye AH
    Hello BB forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

I've had UPC for years now after switching from Eircom and BT and anytime I've had to deal with them they have been quite helpful. They have an Irish call centre too which is a plus.
    Best internet service I've had imo.

Only had to deal with them once when I had a problem, knew the cause and just needed them to fix it. Got someone in Limerick who was pretty rude to me, denying that there was any problem with my modem's firmware but eventually agreed to get it changed (which fixed the problem).

I'm hoping I don't have to contact them again about anything technical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

its the same as with any other customer services call, sometimes you get someone good who can help you out, other times you get someone who's just in the door and doesn't know what they're doing. other times still, you get someone who's been there just long enough to think they know what they're doing and they get a bit cocky and you usually get nowhere.

they do get more than their fair share of complaints here though, but that may just be because their products attract us speed freaks and we expect more than your average joe soap who just wants to watch youtube vids and send emails and consequently have more issues due to our higher demands of the services they offer.

most would agree though that their report card would read "must try harder" if they were at ISP school doing their customer services exams. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Stekelly wrote: »
    Intermittant faults in any industry are a nightmare because, well they are intermittant. If it doesnt happen when your lookign at it you have to either keep tryign or standign there for hours or days till it happens.

I worked in tech support long enough to know how hard it is to track down the cause of intermittent faults. However, I never took 3 years. UPC did, and they only fixed it accidentally when upgrading some equipment.

Advertisement