Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENIC increases stake in Tottenham Hotspur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Some one please break this down for me - good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

THFC wrote: »
    Some one please break this down for me - good or bad?

Hard to say

Companies like ENIC are shrewd. My thoughts are that they are doing this because they see the stock at a level where its attractive. I think they are priming the club to sell and this is part of that agenda. By increasing their share holding I think it will mean that in the short term they will drive the club hard for success, new ground etc etc. But that being all great the opposite side of the coin is its all to make us more attractive to a financial heavy hitter so when the time comes to make their move and sell they cash in big style. Obvious but good business.

As they say better the devil you know - if and I would more think when they sell us it all depends on the devil that buys.

Its a quandry I would rather have than float along with unambitious owners happy to keep prem status.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

As I understand it, this process involves the conversion of "preference shares" which were issued by THFC a couple of years ago in exchange for a £15m injection of funds to help bring the training ground project (and some initial work on NDP) on, and was well flagged at the time.

It was a very cheap way to increase ENIC's holding in THFC.

I wouldn't attach any significance to it at this stage, we were attractive enough for buyers before this.

Advertisement