Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG charging €20 per megabyte over the cap?!

Options
  • 20-12-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

This is unbelievable: http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/#plans-tab

2c per kb when you go over the limit. Per kilobyte! That's €20.48 per megabyte. Watching a minute of a Youtube video over the cap would cost you about €50.........
    :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's been the case for about 6 years now. It's also 69c for 50MB. Unless you are streaming YouTube, you generally won't go over the 50MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Did they not change this a while back to 2c per mb? Maybe that was only to bill pay though cos I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here about it, as it meant a change in the terms which then meant people could get out of contract. I can't see why they would have brought this change in to only bill pay though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That change was only brought onto bill pay. I suppose with bill pay, it's uncapped usage (ie it keeps going and going as you can't run out of credit as such). 2c per kb wouldn't last very long on PayG credit.

Advertisement