Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XMusic Academy music technology courses

• 20-12-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

Dear All,

We have recently completed the first, of what I hope will be many, music technology/home recording courses at the new XMusic Academy. The course seems to have been well received by the students who have all expressed the wish to do a follow up course in the new year covering more advanced subjects such as compression/limiting, eq, mixing, pitch correction/manipulation, beat detective & elastic audio, multitrack drum recording, re-amping etc.

If you would like to read a synopsis of what is covered in the introduction course please click here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2429692/XMusic_Academy_Schedule.doc

I have, I hope, chosen an interesting format for the course insofar as we are looking at two digital audio workstations side by side. Pro Tools, because it is still, rightly or wrongly, considered by most to be the "industry standard" & Reaper because it is so reasonably priced & seems to run pretty efficiently on anything. (I have it happily running on a 5 year old Dell with a Celeron processor & an MBox Pro!) The class sizes are deliberately kept to around 6 or 7 students & while there is some theory, most of the course is hands on, recording & editing a track as we go.

If you like the look of the introduction course please contact Conor Guilfoyle at the Academy. There are still a couple of places left for the course starting on the 12th January 2011.

http://academy.xmusic.ie/

If you already have the fundamentals under your belt but are interested in augmenting your knowledge, perhaps you would be interested in joining the follow on course. There are no dates set for this yet but I'd be interested in hearing what subjects you would like to see covered. Perhaps the subjects mentioned above tick the right boxes or perhaps you would prefer more focus on drum programming, midi recording & sampling. Please let me know.

Finally a couple of quotes from the first students to do the course:

I have just completed the XMusic Introduction to Music Technology Course. I could not recommend a better course and introduction to the subject. The facilities, equipment and teaching were superb and all in an extremely friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended. Patrick.

Great course, I would fully recommend it. Everything is explained in fine detail by J.J.! Thanks again!

Anything I did not understand was explained and demonstrated to me in full. Very friendly environment to work in, I'm now eagerly awaiting the next term.

Do please email me or post here with any questions you might have.

Happy Christmas

JJ

www.jjvernon.com

Advertisement