Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds Service provided by college students.

• 20-12-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Just doing a bit of research.Me and a few other college students are thinking of giving LC and JC maths grinds as a way to make a bit of extra money.We were thinking of giving them in Maths Physics Chemistry Applied Maths and Biology.We would all have A's at LC level and have a comprehensive knowledge of the course's and marking schemes.Also the times would very flexible and rates very reasonable 15-20 euro an hour.So would you use a service like this?How much would you be willing to pay for a top quality service?Any feedback on the idea is welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

Hey Im in college and have been teaching grinds since february and I've found it great! that price is very good ye should do well good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I get a grind from a teacher for 15 for 75 minutes, there are four in the class. I wouldn't think many would get them from people without any experience correcting work etc. I know ye got As but that doesn't prove ye can teach, just learn. Fair play for having the initiative though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Tbh I'd rather get grinds off a qualified teacher who has experience in correcting the paper and paying the extra tenner. Rather than paying a college student who only has 2 years experience of the exam despite getting an A.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many colleges offer this for free to local schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

One to one grinds or a lecturer kinda ting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

eoins23456 wrote: »
    One to one grinds or a lecturer kinda ting?

One to one grinds, under the supervision of a group of teachers and lecturers. That way, the college students use the same approach as the teachers in the school use and the students do not get confused. I know DIT and UCD students do it, presume Trinity do too.

Advertisement