Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody caught in the snow?

• 20-12-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I left East Wall before 5 heading home to stillorgan. Made it in 2.5 hours, average speed therefore 2-3mph. From the Merrion gates i had to take to the paths as the roads were literally sheets of glass. Had to walk beside the bike in first gear going up mount merrion, not fun. same on the N11.

Only took one small tumble, the back wheel literally went out from under me as i eased off the throttle from 1500rpm in first gear, no harm done.

Saw a couple of scooters and a red bandit, and a couple of wimps walking carrying lids, after abandoning ship :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

tezzy_v2 wrote: »
    the roads were literally sheets of glass.
    No they weren't.:D

The bikes been safely tucked up for a few days. The North West has been very bad since Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Motorbike Recovery Transport & Storage...24Hrs 7Days,,john.. <snip>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

I left East Wall before 5 heading home to stillorgan. Made it in 2.5 hours, average speed therefore 2-3mph. From the Merrion gates i had to take to the paths as the roads were literally sheets of glass. Had to walk beside the bike in first gear going up mount merrion, not fun. same on the N11.

Only took one small tumble, the back wheel literally went out from under me as i eased off the throttle from 1500rpm in first gear, no harm done.

Saw a couple of scooters and a red bandit, and a couple of wimps walking carrying lids, after abandoning ship :p
    Cannot say I'd blame them for abounding ship. Not only can you hardly ride the bike but also when the snow is dropping it's hard to keep your eyes looking through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

AgileMyth wrote: »
    No they weren't...

I try to be a bit of a pedant too and I'll never forget the day that someone told me "I went to pick up the car from the mechanic and he literally......raped me"!

I literally pissed myself laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Saw a few abandoned near work today. If a big bike falls at a slow speed you could easily break a bone. Would love a quad for this weather, or a 125 2 stroke scrambler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

john t wrote: »
    Motorbike Recovery Transport & Storage...24Hrs 7Days,,john.. <snip>.

NO ADVERTISING!

PLEASE READ THE CHARTER AND THE TERMS AND CONDITION YOU AGREED TO WHEN YOU JOINED BOARDS.IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Drove to work on Monday on the bike to Sandyford. Left at 4 to go home towards Wicklow. 30 minute drive took 1 hour 'cos from Loughlinstown on there was no snow.

If I had left it 1 hour longer I doubt I would have gotten the bike home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Came in on the bike on Monday- ended up dumping it in work - took me 4 hours to get home and walked the last half :mad: Looks like it is going to be here over xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Could barely get the car out of the estate, would not have had a chance withthe bike.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Freedom!! - or at least that's what I'll be shouting with my lid on tomorrow.

Estate road was sheet ice yesterday and I wasn't holding out much hope but an overnight above zero and there's tarmac showing. The roads are clear enough in my estate to allow me out but it'll be better again tomorrow. Just ran the engine in the car park for 10 minutes today and she'll get a proper run tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Aye, tonne of rain here in Dublin last night and this evening should allow everyone out by the morning. Saw some poor sod trying to make his way up blackhall place on Xmas eve with a moped. Both feet down and he was sliding all over the shop. He admitted defeat after about 2mins and wheeled it back down onto the quays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I left East Wall before 5 heading home to stillorgan. Made it in 2.5 hours, average speed therefore 2-3mph.

I pushed an RD350YPVS with a holed piston from Stillorgan to East Wall almost as quick, but that was years ago & summer time!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Felt great taking the wheels back out again today. Hope this mild weather keeps up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tezzy_v2

I pushed an RD350YPVS with a holed piston from Stillorgan to East Wall almost as quick, but that was years ago & summer time!.

The hills were all going your way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Careful out there lads,there's an awful lot of crap on the roads,gravel in particular that's conveniently been pushed into the centre of the lanes and corners. A lot of new holes in the roads too after all the snow.

Advertisement