Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please please help??

• 20-12-2010 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

Went to pharmacy yesterday to download some photos from digital camera hp photosmart R507 and had 900 photos on it. Didn't have time to wait for printing so i left the shop. Am on my own computer now and the camera is tellin gme the memory card is empty the messages being displayed are card is unreadable and then card has wrong format press ok to format.. Can anybody tell me have my photos gone forever??? All my babies photos for the past 8 months are on it and im devastated if they are gone. please please help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

All hope is not lost, you should definitely be able to get some of them back if it was a quick format of the card. Just don't take any more pictures, or write anything else to the card (if you do it will overwrite the photo information and make them harder to recover). There's plenty of photo-recovery software that you can download that should be able to recover most of them for you. A quick google should find you some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 reallysad

any recommendations for a "safe" one to use?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

8 Months!!! Arrrrg!!! I get edgey if I have not dumped the card in 8 hours since shooting.

Anyway there is a link in the FAQ to here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

what kind of card was it?

could you put up a picture of the actual card?

It just that recently I was talking to someone that had the same problem and was getting the same error messages.

What she thought was a card was actually a card adapter for a mini sd card.

It it possible that this is what you actually have and the mini sd card in it has been dislodged in the card adapter or is in the bottom of your bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

reallysad wrote: »
    any recommendations for a "safe" one to use?

Recuva is free and has worked for me in the past...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

SetOverSet wrote: »
    Recuva is free and has worked for me in the past...

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I found PhotoRec to be flawless
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

CabanSail wrote: »
    8 Months!!! Arrrrg!!! I get edgey if I have not dumped the card in 8 hours since shooting.

Same! If I only have one image on the card it goes straight onto the drive soon as I get in. It's a good habit to have.

Really hope you recover your images OP, similar happened to me a while back. Our 3 year old got at my desktop and managed to delete loads of photo folders. i didn't realise on the day and that evening I emptied the recycle bin without checking [not a good habit!] - I used recuva, I remember having to install it to a usb flash drive and work it from there for some reason? I managed to get some of the images back, unfortunately not even near all of them. Follow the instructions to the letter anyhow, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 reallysad

Thank you all so much for your help will try one of those and come back hopefully with good news

• Advertisement
Advertisement